I stayed at Daddy Long Leg in April 2012 for 4 nights. It's located on a a busy st (Long St) full of shops, night life which is great. I booked it online after reading interesting mostly positive reviews. This might be a different review...
Location - easy access to Bokaap (10-15min walk), Greenmarket 2-3min, access to Waterfront 25-30min walk (I took taxis which is about 4-5$). I am always unhappy when I reach a hotel after a long journey and find there is no elevator...I got assistance, but the point is inconvenience. It's an old art deco kinda building. Secured entry which is good. But it becomes a party venue, noisy bar etc on most evenings. My first night I couldn't sleep as the bar noise went till 3-4am. The rooms are uniquely named (not numbered) and styled. I am all for independent style, quirks, funks, hippie-ness, cool stuff - but this place annoyed me. The decor was over the top. I guess it didn't give peaceful time but distracting sight into all the little quirks. Bath rooms wer ultra small (I had the ensuite). I dreaded showering in it but had to... Air con often didn't work. Street noise is not a major issue but the issue is the noise from the bar! Bed was ok, there was a TV - only if I could get it to work!
The guests are all backpackers (well at least the time when I was there). Travellers and tourists in their 20s. I might have been an odd one (late 30s) and seeking a bit more comfort. No breakfast, no restaurant/cafe, no ATM machine inside. Free coffee available though. Staff were very friendly and nice. Young staff I must add without uniform which is nice...I won't stay here again, but if you are backpacking and want little excitement during your stay, do choose it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying in the Daddy Long Legs Independent Travellers Hotel is like being part of an interactive art exhibition. Each room is uniquely decorated by an artist, poet, photographer, designer or musician, creating different themes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Daddy Long Legs Boutique
- Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa