We stayed here for eight nights at the beginning of February. From the outset, even before we arrived, Ruth was so helpful and friendly. On arrival at Liberty Lodge we found it (as well as Ruth and her staff) to be charming and very welcoming. Our room (Rhodes) was large, airy, spotlessly clean and had a good sized en-suite bathroom. It also had a great view of Table Mountain. A lovely breakfast was served each morning in the outside patio area, which was a great opportunity to meet other guests and plan the day ahead - with Ruth ever happy to help and offer advice. She is very knowledgeable and passionate about the city and is keen to recommend good restaurants and places of interest.
The location of Liberty Lodge was perfect for us. More suburban than downtown, but still within the city bowl and only a 10-15 minute walk from Long Street. There were
numerous good restaurants and bars close by, on & around Kloof Street and the area was busy and safe at night, without being loud or rowdy. The V&A Waterfront is probably a bit too far to comfortably walk, but is only a short drive / taxi ride away. Camps Bay is also very close by car.
All in all we couldn't have asked for more in terms of comfort, welcome and location. If we ever find ourselves returning to Cape Town, Liberty Lodge will be top of our list of places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa