I stayed in a mixed dorm room, with some friends, and had a nice time there. As a frequent visitor of hostels I was happily surprised at this place.
First of all, it was clean. The rooms and the shared bathroom facilities. They also made your bed every day. Talk about luxury at a hostel!
Second of all, it was not a party hostel, it was just a quiet oasis of calm with some really nice people. I was surprised, but not in a negative way, that there was such a varied demographic of people there. Young and old from all over, and some even staying for months.
Third, they had a lot of day tours and such at the hostel. You barely have to lift a finger to do anything if you don't feel like it while staying in Cape Town.
The only negative thing I experienced, and this is rather minor, is that there wasn't a proper ladder on the bunk bed for the top bed. It was just a pain getting up and down, especially for someone not terribly flexible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sunflower Stop backpackers offers relaxing and comfortable accommodation for budget travellers in Cape Town. Nestled between the mountains and sea, the backpackers hostel is in the perfect location to enjoy your time in Cape Town. With a self-catering kitchen, bar and T.V. lounge, our luxury backpackers offers affordable accommodation for every budget. So come and make yourself at home with our friendly staff, cool off in our refreshing sun filled swimming pool, relax at the cosy bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your Sunflower Stop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunflower Stop Hotel Cape Town Central
- Sunflower Stop Cape Town, South Africa