“Excellent Service, Lodgings and Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blackheath Lodge

You added Blackheath Lodge to your Saves list
Blackheath Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Blackheath Road | Sea Point, Cape Town Central 8005, South Africa   |
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Service, Lodgings and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have traveled all over the world and am hard pressed to think of a more pleasant establishment where I have spent my time. The Blackheath Lodge in the Sea Point neighborhood of Cape Town was fantastic. Antony and John provide excellent service, always having informed answers to my questions about the city and trips and transportation, and the staff (especially Charlette, Jean Claude, Peter, Godfrey and all the lovely ladies who took care of us during the mornings) were top notch as well. So many smiles! They all seemed to generally care about us guests and chat with us as people, not customers. The location was great as it is on a side street between Main Road and High Road, so there are restaurants, grocery and bars within walking distance. I felt safe to walk around, even at night. It is a quick ride into Cape Town CBD or about a 25-30 minute walk into the city center via the High Road. The lodge itself was beautiful and comfortable, complete with a fire nook and house cat to warm with during the winter days of my stay. The food was wonderful every morning and the ladies making breakfast were a pleasure to see each day. And you MUST have the afternoon biscuits left out for tea! They are addictive.
I can't recommend the Blackheath Lodge enough for singles and couples visiting Cape Town. I will definitely look them up again when I return.

Room Tip: If you have a family or a group, there is a lounge between rooms 4B and I think 14, complete with a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just the nicest place. 15 rooms. Filled with artworks. An honour system at the bar. Staff wonderfully nice. Breakfast wonderful. A little sunny pool. A lovely area. Prompt responses to emails. One could go on, but just really wonderful

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Blackheath Lodge is a place of charm, grace, and impeccable taste, ideally located in my favourite part of Cape Town: the vibrant, bustling neighourhood of Sea Point. It's just a short away from a long walk, the splendid Sea Point Promenade, which offers a grandstand view of the city's most spectacular daily attraction. Sunset. (Sunrise is pretty good too, if you're the alarm-clock type.) But Blackheath Lodge in itself was the highlight of my short business-stay. It is expertly run by Anthony and John, who are warm, witty, and welcoming hosts, and who leave no detail to chance. There was even a small cellphone in my room, for personal use, with pre-loaded numbers. And a laptop too. That is typical of the care with which the lodge is run. The room was spacious & comfortable, with a patio that offered its own wonderful views. Breakfast was tasty and served with flair and style. The bar is relaxed, convivial, and inviting. I highly recommend Blackheath Lodge for a business or holiday stay, or a business stay that feels like a holiday. A special thank-you, also, to Jean-Claude, for his unfailing patience and assistance. I hope tio return one day!

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I only had one night in Cape Town and was traveling as a single girl. I wanted a safe location that could help me see as much of Cape Town as I possibly could in 24 hours. Blackheath Lodge was amazing in every aspect! The airport transfers were top notch and really nice guys. The lodge is beautiful and quaint, ensuring personalized service. The rooms are beautiful and first class. I was really impressed by the local cell phone they allow you to use, which already has all neccessary local numbers in it - I have never seen that before around the world - absolutely brilliant! The breakfast was delicious and freshly made to order. The private tour they arranged for me was excellent and for a great price - I conquered Cape Town in 9 hours! Even when I was running late getting back to the hotel for my ride to the airport, they looked up my Doha number and gave me a call to make sure I was alright. If you want to walk to the beach...it is like 3 minutes away. A taxi to the V&A Waterfront was $3 USD. I highly recommend this lodge to everyone and I will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We chose Blackheath (2 couples traveling) because it had a high rating on Trip Advisor. As it turned out, it was better than any of us anticipated. Antony and his team are top notch. They are friendly and very helpful with great suggestions for everything from dining to the best tours to take. It felt like we were staying with very knowledgable friends who were truly interested in us having the best Cape Town experience possible. If you like small, interesting hotels with unique design and outstanding service, this is the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gottingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The whole Blackheath Team was so nice to us and we really enjoyed the stay pretty much. The location was perfect, especially our room no 6. The team also organised some outstanding trips in and around Cape Town for us, including great recommendations for good places to eat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at the Blackheath for two weeks while photographing for a non-profit in Cape Town. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, and the staff was excellent. I felt like I was at home here. Antony, Jean-Claude, Peter, Sharlee and the rest couldn't have been nicer. A local cell phone was provided for the duration of my stay making local calls very affordable. It's a short walk to the V&A Waterfront, and all other sightseeing excursions were possible using local taxis. All in all a great place to stay while in Cape Town. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Blackheath Lodge? Share your experiences!