It would be hard to find a better place to stay in Cape Town than the Blackheath Lodge in Sea Point. Only if you wanted to be closer to the center of town, but why? Blackheath is only a ten-minute taxi ride from downtown, and Sea Point has it's own attractions and restaurants.
Three things distinguish Blackheath: (1) an owner and staff always trying to please and facilitate their clients' visit; (2) a sumptuous breakfast offering just about anything any reasonable person could want, cooked to order (no extra charge) if you don't find it on the well-supplied buffet table; (3) clean and comfortable rooms. Owner Antony is also adept at negotiating favorable taxi fares, lower than the meter, for his guests. I spent two weeks there the first half of June. I will recommend it to all my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackheath Lodge is a Victorian guest house situated below Signal Hill, a stone's throw from the city, Waterfront and well-known beaches. Stylish bedrooms, excellent personalized service and warm hospitality. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool and garden. Come home to a sundowner after a busy day of sightseeing or power business dealings, safe in the knowledge that a quiet, comfortable night's sleep awaits you. Airport transfers. Credit Cards. Children 12+. TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Blackheath Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town Central
- Blackheath Cape Town
- Blackheath Lodge Cape Town, South Africa