I stayed at Blackheath Lodge with my husband for 5 nights in December. We had been due to stay here a little while back but for various reasons our travel plans were derailed and it had taken longer than expected before we could make the trip. In the meantime I had been following Blackheath Lodge on Trip Advisor and had heard amazing reviews from other people who had already visited. It was therefore with high excitement and great anticipation that we arrived at Blakheath Lodge where we received a very warm welcome.
The guesthouse is beautifully appointed with a unique style. Every detail has been considered to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible which is accompanied by outstanding service, care and attention. Antony and John and their team are truly amazing hosts who are clearly passionate about Blackheath Lodge, working hard to deliver first class service for their guests within a beautifully presented setting. And this they certainly do! It is the personal touch though which sets this guesthouse apart and Antony's assistance in planning your trips, providing recommendations, organising bookings and tickets, etc is invaluable, ensuring so far as possible that you make the most of your time in CT in the way you want to. Nothing is too much trouble and for the time that you are are there you really are provided with a home from home.
If I was travelling alone, I would definitely stay here where you can feel totally comforable in a safe, friendly and informal atmosphere where, if you aren't going out, you can relax by the pool or on the deck enjoying what the honesty bar and Nespresso coffee machine have to offer, with a book from the selection available to choose from, or you could select a DVD from the wide range on offer to watch in your room.
We truly had the most wonderful stay at Blackheath Lodge and I highly recommend staying here. I will definitely be returning.
P.S. We hired the mini convertible for a day which was a fun way to explore and is something you should definitely do.
- Also Known As:
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town Central
- Blackheath Hotel
- Blackheath Hotel Cape Town
- Blackheath Cape Town
- Blackheath Lodge Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackheath Lodge is a Victorian guest house situated below Signal Hill, a stone's throw from the city, Waterfront and well-known beaches. Stylish bedrooms, excellent personalized service and warm hospitality. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool and garden. Come home to a sundowner after a busy day of sightseeing or power business dealings, safe in the knowledge that a quiet, comfortable night's sleep awaits you. Airport transfers. Credit Cards. Children 12+. TGCSA 4-Star Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Blackheath Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.