“A gem of a hotel in a fantastic location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Three Boutique Hotel

You added The Three Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
The Three Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Flower Street | Oranjezicht, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa (City Bowl)   |
Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A gem of a hotel in a fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I travel with business frequently and am usually put up in very nice hotels but they are often quite impersonal. As I was staying nearly a week, I thought i'd find my own accomodation. I wanted somewhere which was of a high standard, comfortable, stylish and importantly, in an area where I would feel comfortable walking around. The Three Boutique Hotel seemed to fit my requirements.

You can never be sure if a place will really live up to expectations when you see pictures. The Three Boutique Hotel was even more lovely than any of the pictures could convey. It is an historic building which has been beautifully restored with care and style. It has a colonial feel to it but best of all, it was intimate and friendly without being too intimate and friendly that you don;t feel you have any privacy.

I absolutely loved i. From the roof terrace you have incredible views of Table Mountain and within a few minutes walk, you can be in bars and restaurants. A ten minute walk takes you into old Cape Town which is trendy and quircky and a 60 Rand taxi takes you to the waterfront which is a really fantastic place to spend the day.

South Africa has the reputation of being a place where you have to be very mindful of your personal security and although this is true, the Three Boutique Hotel is in an area which is safe and secure and I feel you can really get the most out of Cape Town.

I would go back in a trice. I was there on business but it is ideal for a holiday too. I perhaps wouldn;t recommend it for families with young children as the pool is small and there wouldn't be enough for them to do but for couples or single people, absolutley ideal! Exquisite and superb value!

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar. there isn't a lift so if you are disabled, ground floor would be bes...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kematen in Tirol, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very hospitality, more Service than you can wish!
It was a great Start in South Afrika. Everything rooms interior Service , Tours , breakfast lokation , staff very nice and very personaly, Allen, Julie Justin, the whole staff are so caring! Thank you All!
Excellent!!
Brigitta Peter and Family

• Stayed July 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights after a 13 day safari experience and enjoyed every minute if it . The breakfasts were great nice variety and eggs to order were superb. Room 12 had a great view of the Lion's Head and Table Mountain. Julie the Manage sat down with us the first morning we were there and helped us to work out a perfect plan to take in all the sights over the next 4 days and that was worth it's weight in gold . Her husband Alan was on call to drive guests if necessary or guide them on hikes and day trips which is a wonderful service . The rooms were well appointed with a fabulous rain shower and included a welcome drink upon arrival .The suggestions for " walk to" dining spots were just perfect after a busy day of touring. The stay really topped off our African adventure . Wonderful helpful staff .

Room Tip: /room 12 had a nice view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am staying here for a week and I absolutely love it. The rooms are lovely, interior looks nice. Bathroom and shower are good as well. They have a laundry service here which is a plus. The staff is young, but eager to learn. They try to please you as much as possible. You can go to them for any questions about tours and they are willing to help you out. Because I'm travelling on my own its really nice that they have a driver who will bring you to restaurants in the evening.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Three Boutique Hotel is a beautiful, historic building that has been carefully restored to provide a very high standard of accommodation. It is centrally located in a quiet area of Cape Town near Table Mountain, with extensive views of the mountain from the roof-top garden. Every aspect of our stay was superb and to the highest standard, and all the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Even the wardrobes deserve special mention: they are large and strong enough to take a full-size, fully-loaded hanging garment case so that it can be opened to give access to all the contents - a facility that I have rarely found elsewhere!

Sandhurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I were on our first visit to Africa and chose a four part tour of South Africa, finishing in Cape Town. We used the services of a South African specialist ' Perfect Africa' who not only booked everything to our personally created tour, but gave us a package that worked like clockwork with absolutely no problems. They actually placed us in the 3 Boutiques which really was the cherry on the cake. A beautfully restored colonial type building with the latest fittings and technology. The rooms and service was excellent and the proprietors, Julia and Alan made friends with us and were so helpful in planning our short stay. We loved the place and the people but the world is a big place and other countries beckon. We will be reccommending our Trip to our friends and to anyone else planning a visit to SA we would give a positive thumbs up to the 3 Boutiques. Something else for you to consider... I sent our required itinery to two agents and the one mentioned above was over 2000 pounds cheaper than the British agent. Everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Only two floors but no elevator. Choose ground floor if you don't do stairs. I am 68 with sl...
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My hubby and myself just needed a good break from the pressures of life. We picked the perfect spot. The location of The Three boutique hotel was amazing, close to town but still calm and peaceful. All the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. We arrived to warm welcome from our hosts, bags shuttled off to our room, a complimentary drink placed in our hands, and a brief tour of the hotel, which led to a relaxing time lounging on the roof top sofa's while we sipped our drinks surrounded by the majestic mountains. The room was tasteful, clean and comfy. We requested a room with a bath and shower which was fantastic. Breakfast was decadent, (I highly recommend the eggs Benedict.) I had lived in Cape Town so I did not need tourist info, but I did however overhear the host giving very helpful and informative touring info, offering to make bus and restaurant bookings etc. It was definitely the second honeymoon we hoped for and would return in a heartbeat. Thanks to all who made our experience so memorable.

Room Tip: We wanted a room with a relaxing bath so that dictated where we went. But the sunny balcony rooms lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Three Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!