We just returned from a 5 night stay in this elegant guest blouse, or boutique hotel. I recommend it to anyone and everyone visiting Cape Town!
Not only was our room (#3) spacious and beautifully furnished, but the service and personal care provided by the owner, Fiona, and her wonderful staff was exceptional. Fiona, and her other day time manager, Colleen, went out of their way to meet our every need. They arranged wonderful massages with their masseur, Andrew, as soon as we arrived. We were exhausted from our previous travels while on safari, and Andrew knew just how to help us unwind and relax. They offered" right on" recommendations for dinners, always quick to suggest either getting us a cab or providing walking directions. The facility is in the midst of the beautiful and very safe Gardens area, with many fine restaurants nearby. Fiona arranged a half day trip to the wine region, saving us much money in the process.
Breakfasts were served each morning, combining an ample buffet with a full English cooked breakfast, or almost anything else you asked for. Each afternoon, a lovely spread of cheese and crackers was laid out along with an "honor bar" for drinks. We were met with complimentary port in the room, as well as a fully stocked mini-refridge. Everything was truly first class in every way.
During our stay we did visit friends staying in a big, luxurious waterfront hotel. Our recommendation was for them to move to the Welgelegen House!
- Also Known As:
- Welgelegen Hotel Cape Town Central
- Welgelegen Hotel
- Welgelegen Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Welgelegen - an urban sanctuary in the heart of Cape Town". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Welgelegen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.