“everything adds up” 3 of 5 stars

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
8 attraction reviews
“everything adds up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The rides were good and there were thankfully no ques, but having to pay to park, then to enter, plus having to pay for some rides and food and beverages highly over priced i am not surprised it was so quiet. The 2 hours we were there cost us nearly a grand for 2 of us... If there were Ques we definitely would have left. That being said however, the staff were all friendly and helpful.

Visited February 2014

Stirling, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Best amusement park I have ever been to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place is super. I mean I could write 15 pages on the positive and five words on the negatives which is 'It can be to crowded'. But the rides are amazing. I am a little bit of a dare devil and wanted to get used to the other roller-coasters before I went on the two scariest ones, The Cobra and one where you free fall for 100mts then get swung back up by your body harness (costs R45) but that's a bad idea. We arrived quite early so we could miss the rush then we left the scary rides to late so the queues were quite long. Don't let that pout you off. Best amusement park I have ever been to!!!!

Visited December 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
7 attraction reviews
“the wildest place in Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went to Ratanga as we had nothing to do on New Years day, and oh boy, did we have fun. The one ride, monkey falls, made me soaking wet, not that I was complaining, as it was 30 degrees, I wanted more. and went several times after that on the same ride.

the cobra, not for the faint hearted. the boat cruise was very relaxing. and whist having lunch, there was some live entertainment. perfect for the kids as they were called out from the audience to participate.

will recommended this to anybody, young and old. and this is definitely a whole day event, be sure to be there early, in order to make the most of your trip.

Definitely had loads of fun, and was a great start to 2014. My boys had so much fun, that they want to go every week.

Visited January 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
17 attraction reviews
“Good, but in need of an Update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were back in Cape Town for a break over the December holidays and decided to take our kids (6 & 5) for the day to Ratanga. On the positive side, the staff are great and very friendly. They are able to assist in any of the small requests, and the staff operating the rides are also very pleasant and go about their role with a focus on safety. The rides are pretty good, although some are obviously not for kids as young as ours. Generally, they are ok, without being amazing.

On the negative side, the entrance fee is pretty expensive, especially if you are not able to make use of everything. Equally, the food & beverages sold inside are very expensive. But seeing as we were there to have fun, I was disappointed that one of the great family rides (Crocodile Gorge) had been closed and no substitute was built. Also, the rides have not changed in years, so the park could do with an upgrade.

It is still a fun time, but will not rush back in the near future.

Visited December 2013
Levin, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Adrenaline seekers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

If you after adrenalin, Ratanga Jungtion is the place to visit. The cobra ride is one of the tops but I think I will pass next time. I was so scared. My son and nieces and nephews enjoyed it thoroughly. Recommend not to go during December holidays as was packed. Had to stand in long lines while the sun burn your skin. A lady behind me was so friendly as to take out her kid's sun tan lotion and rub this on my shoulders and back. Its relatively cheap, one price and you can go as much as you like on all the trips however due to it being so packed, time did not allow to enjoy all of the rides or a second time on it. Food, drinks etc very expensive. Lockable facilities which has been excellent. My sister however said she reckon Gold reef city in Johannesburg are better.

Visited February 2013