“Cape Town as cyclist's ndiza!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AWOL Tours

AWOL Tours
V&A Waterfront Information Centre, | Dock Road, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa
+27 83 234 6428
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: AWOL Tours offers exclusive hiking and biking adventures, with opportunities for genuine cultural exchange and natural encounters, personalised to ensure your extraordinary travel experience. AWOL Tours is a leading outdoor travel specialist for hiking and bicycle tourism in Cape Town, South Africa. We offer you opportunities for breathtaking adventure and authentic interactions. Our experienced AWOL team balance expert trip planning with eco-friendly activities, creating thrilling, memorable travel experiences for you. We've been at the forefront of responsible tourism since 2002, with repeated awards and happy client reviews to prove our success.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Doha, Qatar
“Cape Town as cyclist's ndiza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Cape Town is a fantastic city and the best way to get to know its unique atmosphere is through cycling! Jeremy did a great job in terms of showing me around and answering my questions! Be ready to discover a true ndiza (Xhosa word and the title of a beautiful song by Zahara, a South African artist) namely a place when you can make your heart pure!

Visited April 2014
GOAWOL, General Manager at AWOL Tours, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Irene T

Thank you for your review, this is very much appreciated. AWOL Tours is so pleased that you had a great experience on your Cape Town City Cycle Tour with AWOL Guide Jeremy. This tour is Cape Town in a nutshell and perfect for guests like yourself who have an interest in culture, history and architecture of a city. We delighted that you found a "a true ndiza" here on our shores. We look very much forward to welcoming you back to Cape Town. Kind regards, Helen AWOL Tours.

London, United Kingdom
“Masi P”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

With UK relatives (6 adults, and 2 kids loving the Tag-alongs) we had a truly memorable Sunday morning last weekend. Real, thought-provoking, inspiring, uplifting (and fun) in many ways the opposite to a Langa/Khayelitsha tour done previously. We can thoroughly recommend it - go Sunday and you get the fabulous church service, or other days for the under 6s in daycare centre.

Dear Parker772

Thank you for your very thoughtful and appreciated review of your AWOL experience. The AWOL Township Bicycle Tour in Cape Town is very much a family tour and various children, toddler seats and bicycle tag-ons means that all members of the family can take part safely and experience this inspiring community with so many smiles and real cultural exchanges along the way.
We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Cape Town and look forward to hearing from you upon your return. Kind regards, Helen AWOL Tours
“Masimpumelele township tour (on bike)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A fun and interesting way to undertake a township tour. We had a great tour guide, a local to the area, and got a personal view of what life in the Masimpumelele township is like. Eye opening and humbling.

Dear Nicola H

Thank you for your review, AWOL Tours is so pleased that you had a great experience on your Masiphumelele. township bicycle tour, Zwai our local AWOL Guide is very experienced with taking guests of all ages and cultures around his community and sharing the experience of being part of this community. We look forward to welcoming more travelers into MasiP. Kind regards, Helen AWOL Tours.
Reykjavik, Iceland
11 attraction reviews
“Rented a bike to explore the beaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I didn't do a tour with AWOL, because I had already had a few days in Cape Town exploring the city and visiting a township. I just rented a bike on my own for a full day to cycle along the coast and visit the beautiful beaches at Clifton and Camps Bay. It was the perfect day! If your hotel is in the city center or waterfront, I would highly recommend going by bike to the beaches, rather than the bus. There are lanes most of the way (you do have to be in traffic for a while though) and the view is gorgeous.

The bike I got was a hybrid, very light and in excellent condition. It came with a lock, pump, spare inner tube & puncture kit. They also gave me a comprehensive bicycle map of Cape Town, giving recommendations of good routes based on cyclist's experience. I was very happy with the friendly service I received at the office and in the end it was the best day I had in Cape Town.

Visited March 2014
Dear Stoa

Thank you for your review, AWOL Tours will always support the independent adventurer, we are pleased that you enjoyed the beautiful Cape Town beach view cycle paths close to the V&A Waterfront . Hope you had a chance to explore the eco-park next door to Cape Town Stadium with clear views of lions head andTable Mountain. So pleased you have had a beautiful day and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Town. Kind regards, Helen
Munich, Germany
“Cape Point and township tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Back home again, I just want to let you know my experience with Mark regarding my 1 day cape of good hope tour.
Mark was very motivated and did an excellent job. I really do know that such kind of tours are very hard for the guide as he is mostly full concentrated and is facing his client all the time.
He is excellent informed and educated, I could merely ask him any questions. I will never forget our township tour to Masiphumelele, too.
So, if I will come back to SA, I will certainly book with AWOL again.

Visited March 2014
Dear Erwin G

Thank you for your review, AWOL Tours is so pleased that you enjoyed the combined Cape Peninsula and Township Tour experience with AWOL Guide Mark, and are looking forward to using our services again if you return to Cape Town. Thank you again for your recommendation. Kind regards, Helen Baker