“Great sights” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Hikes & Trail Runs in Cape Town, South Africa.
“Great sights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great view of the city of cape town standing on the Table mountain at sun set and early evening. the beauty of the V& A waterfront lights reflected in the sea, breath taking.

Visited October 2013

Western Cape, South Africa
“Great Day.Great Company.Great Guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

What a fantastic experience - Thanks Barry!

Not being a regular hiker I was skeptical embarking on my first hike up Table Mountain since childhood. Will I be able to keep up? Will I be able to take a break? These were just some of the questions going through my mind. As soon as we met Barry, our suburb guide, he put us at ease and we could tell that he felt at home on the mountain. We had an great hike up and if you go up for one reason, the amazing view of Cape Town would be it. I can't wait for my next hike, I'm hooked!

Visited May 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
“Awesome Table Mountain Hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Barry Washkansy led myself and 3 other women up Table Mountain via the Woody Ravine track. My hiking abilities are medial and I've never been up Table Mountain before so standing at the foot of the trail, I was rather overwhelmed and intimidated.

Barry did such a wonderful job in reassuring the ladies that the hike would not be strenuous and he assisted us when necessary. I felt safe throughout the entire hike; he has immense knowledge about most of the trails on the mountain and was able to give us anecdotes about the history of Cape Town and the formation of the tracks.

He was accurate with the amount of time he predicted we would take to get up and down and also suggested which snacks to bring along beforehand. Barry was friendly and considerate of all the walkers from taking breathers to scrambling up the rocks.

This hike was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've been on and I look forward to other guided hikes with Barry.

Visited March 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
“A great way to experience Table Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking to hike up Table Mountain with someone who knew the mountain well. Barry was the perfect guide, sharing his wealth of knowledge as we ventured up the scenic India Venster route.

Barry told us everything we wanted to know about the mountain and was more than happy to rest when we got too tired. Reaching the top and enjoying the gorgeous scenery was the perfect way to spend our Sunday morning.

Thank you very much for the experience Barry.

Visited May 2014
Perth, Australia
“Table Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I wanted to experience the mountain and it's views on my trip to Cape Town and meeting Barry was the thing that I could have done. He asked me what part of hiking I enjoyed and my capabilities before taking me and a friend up the mountain across some great little waterfalls and unbelievable views. Seeing the sun rise at Table Mountain is something to tick off and the knowledge and fun Barry brought to the experience was great. I will be recommending all my friends visiting Cape Town to do this! Thank you Barry.

Visited April 2014