Like some of the previous reviewers, I also spent 6 nights at An African Villa during the World Cup. It is indeed more a B&B/guesthouse than a hotel in the classic sense but what a place! I simply cannot recommend it highly enough. My room was simply gorgeous: spacious and comfortable - and with lots of small details that make all the difference, such as Europe-style plugs. Breakfast is great and the kitchen ladies are lovely (I'm a rooibos tea man now). I ended up having more contact with Louis and Jimmy (who gave me the "Villa pack" and some very helpful advice - plus very funny jokes) than Keith and Cindy but they were all very nice and helpful. Jimmy, I hope you make it to that tropical island I told you about! Tamboerskloof is a very nice and safe area, very close to Kloof st and its restaurants and not really far from the top of Long st. Finally, Cape Town and environs are breathtakingly beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. as required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa