My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights during our honeymoon in Cape Town. Overall, we were very pleased with our experience - the staff was very helpful in suggesting places for us to visit, giving restaurant recommendations, etc. Much more personal than staying at a large hotel. The decor is very modern and stylish and the rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfasts each morning were very tasty as well.
The villa is located in Tamboerskloof, which is a quiet little area with great restaurants within walking distance. However, there were a few nights when we opted to take a short cab ride home rather than walk the uncrowded streets after dark...maybe it's just paranoia though!
The only downside was that the internet speed was atrocious. There were several occasions when we were trying to make plans for the day or do some research on tourist attractions, and we simply had to give up.
This was a lovely place to stay in Cape Town, the price was reasonable, and we would definitely recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- An African Villa Hotel
- An African Villa Hotel Cape Town Central
- An African Hotel
- An African Cape Town
- An African Villa Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Villa is much more than that! It is in fact three houses which are part of a Victorian terrace dating from 1892. The double story houses have been joined together and so the inside spaces are much larger than the facade suggests. It's like walking into a TARDIS someone has written on Tripadvisor! There are 12 rooms and the hotel is owner managed.Location is vital when choosing a spot for you vacation and this more than a Villa is within an easy walk of all tourist attractions in the city area. The others (like the fabulous beaches) are a short taxi ride away.There is a small plunge pool in a peaceful courtyard where a very full breakfast is served in summer. (In winter there's a sociable dining room and an eco-friendly fire blazing). Your hosts are very careful to offer you as much information as you want and they will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, tours etc. as required.Free internet on 2 computers in a library area and wireless access is available in all rooms. At night the night porter will set out complimentary sherry and port and at other times there is an honesty bar in the kitchen. Parking is on street and there is no charge (street guards patrol) but you should not need a car from this well placed hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your An African Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.