“OMG..IF YOU WANT COMPLIMENTS FROM YOUR FRIENDS THIS IS THE PLACE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baraka Gifts and Decor

Baraka Gifts and Decor
Shop 13A, Dixon Street, Cape Quarter | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8000, South Africa
+27 21 425 8883
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Baraka Gifts and Decor will take you on an inspiring journey to a dreamworld filled with an eclectic mix of arts, crafts, jewellery, decor and much more! We also sell vintage and antique items because we believe retro design is still very relevant today. At Baraka you will find a range of handmade leather notebooks and photo albums, hand crochet hats, shell and driftwood spoons, affordable jewellery, out-of-the-box art, quirky once-off pieces, unusual non-curio African goods, Panama hats, handbags, hand-woven Zulu baskets made from recycled telephone wire – and the biggest selection of scarves in Cape Town, to mention but a few. Our vision is to afford you an extraordinary shopping experience at very affordable prices. Baraka's loyal customers refer to the shop as a “treasure trove” and “the little shop with the big heart”. But you have to experience it for yourself!
New York City, New York
“OMG..IF YOU WANT COMPLIMENTS FROM YOUR FRIENDS THIS IS THE PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

It's the most amazing store, they have the best selection of what's around. It's a gem of a shop. I shop the world for unique products and I cannot begin to express how impressed I was with the store Baraka. It was totally stunning, I bought all my gifts for my friends in NYC in one shot. Amazing, don't go anywhere else. It's the best place to go for unique and the trendiest products in Cape Town.
I own a design and accessory company in NY so I travel the globe on the hunt for different and unique products in a world where so much looks the same. Just go to Baraka and you will not be sorry.
All you will get is compliments from all your friends when you give them the gifts you bought at Baraka.
Gavin the owner is totally passionate and knowledable on all crafts, design and gifts made in Cape Town.
You are in for a total treat.
It is a treasure.
Don't shop anywhere else. Kim

Milan, Italy
3 attraction reviews
“do not miss this shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

everytime I am in CT, I have to go to this shop
they are many cool place in Cape Town but here I foud one of the best selection: book, card, jewels, curios....try and you will enjoy it!

Malta
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderful, Authentic Selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Do go to Baraka Gifts and Decor if you are looking for some unique gifts for yourselves and others that are different from the standard gift and curios shops for tourists in Cape Town. As other reviewers have said, there is an ecletic mix of items in the shop -- and you are sure to find "a treasure" for yourself and others. Take your time and browse this shop; everytime you circle the small interior, you will see new and interesting new and old authentic curios.

Edenbridge, United Kingdom
“Unique Quirky gifts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We did lots of souvenir shopping here. They have a lovely mix of things. We managed to get some quirky jewellery and kikoys and lovely scarves. If you are looking for something out of the ordinary please do think about visiting Baraka. You are bound to find something you like.

Visited December 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
“Unique shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

First time I shop in Baraka was February 2013,
I've bought bamboo bangles at really good price.
I went back last week to do some Christmas shopping,
they have very cool stuff, very unique, I've bought lovely gifts.
Highly recommended if you want to get something special and not commercial.
The guy is really friendly and charming.
I will definitely go back.

Visited December 2013