This lovely, gracious hotel has one of the finest views of every aspect of Cape Town, nestled high up in a hilly realm and offering exquisite views of Table Mountain, the city, and the sea. The hotel is elegant but understated, with excellent art on the walls and exceptionally comfortable public spaces and guest rooms. It feels more like being a guest in someone’s beautiful home. The breakfast and snacks are always available at any time of day to suit each guest’s needs, and the food was excellent. But the crowning asset of this wonderful hotel is the excellent staff, across every role from the superb concierges/hotel managers to the wait staff to the maids and the doormen. Austin in particular was a treasure, proactively anticipating how we could best enjoy the city, helping facilitate every aspect of our stay, and responding to each request beyond the call of duty without ever being intrusive. His restaurant recommendations were superb. It does not hurt that he is handsome, charming, adaptable, and good-natured. He and the staff took the initiative to help us celebrate the birthday of one of our party with a bottle of champagne and an excellent cake. We would gladly come back to this treasure of a place.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Place Hotel Cape Town Central
- Kensington Place Cape Town
- Kensington Place Hotel Cape Town
- Kensington Place Cape Town, South Africa
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Escapio so you can book your Kensington Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.