“What wonderful little hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kensington Place

Save Saved
You added Kensington Place to your Saves list
Kensington Place
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   38 Kensington Crescent | Higgovale, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa (City Bowl)   |
Ranked #4 of 101 hotels in Cape Town Central
Dubai
“What wonderful little hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

What a great little hotel. Absolutely charming, especially the staff who were all very sweet and welcoming. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

There are, however, one or two points people should be aware of:
- It is very small, which is great, because you get wonderfully attentive and personal service. However, you should be aware of it if you are expecting a bigger hotel.
- One downside of it being small is that it does not have the ammenities that you would expect of a five star hotel (on-site gym, etc.). It does however, have all-day room service (which was good!).
- It is a little out of the way. At least that is how it felt to me. That being said, it is closer to Camps Bay than the CBD.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We arrived at KP travel weary from our overnight flight. We quickly felt rejuvenated after such a lovely welcome from Sasha, which included a glass of champagne. Our room was extremely comfortable with a wonderful bathroom and view. Dinner suggestions were all spot on. The staff were so attentive without over doing it and nothing was too much trouble. KP was a perfect place to start our South African adventure. Would thoroughly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: The room along from the plunge pool has a great view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'll be brief because I was here for our honeymoon back in 2009. Staff were great, accommodation was great, food was great and location was, you guessed it....great. Cannot fault. As I say I'm sorry for the late review, however judging by all the recent reviews nothing has changed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We arrived at Kensington Place straight from an 11 hour flight overnight from London and they made the start of our holiday a real pleasure. The hotel is a lovely 8 room boutique. The greeting is warm and friendly and nothing is too much for them. They book restaurants for you in Cape Town, including getting us into one of the hardest restaurants in town to book. The breakfast is delicious and the rooms are gorgeous, ours had a fabulous view. We didn't want to leave and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to feel comfortable and relaxed in Cape Town.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just back from a 3 week trip to Africa with the last week in Cape Town and I spent more time trying to find the best hotel for us in Cape Town than anything else. I had almost given up when I found KP and I'm so very glad I found it. We have travelled extensively and are very fussy so trust me when I say we loved it. The service is very personalised and the breakfast the best we have ever had. Breakfast is a KP speciality and you can have it at any time of day and anywhere in the hotel and take as long as you like. Sasha and team were great at booking restaurants, both ones I had specifically selected before we went and others they thought we would like. The hotel is very chilled and we loved to chill with a glass of champagne at the end of the day or before dinner. The hotel's location was great, we walked into town a couple of times. It is very central and very handy for teh beautiful Camps Bay.
We will definitely return!
Only point to improve is that some guests smoked in the public areas which was not nice and stopped us having a drink one night. I know Chris is on the case to change this.
Thanks for a wonderful holiday.

Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had 4 nights at the end of our trip through South Africa and have very much appreciated the great hospitality and the exclusive rooms we had (with a great view over Cape Town and Lions Head, when looking around). Management as well as staff have been very kind and helpfully. As Kensington Place has only a view rooms (I assume it were only 8) it has a very private atmosphere in contrast to bigger hotel chains. After all I hope that we will be able to visit Cape Town again soon, and in this case we will consider this 'place' again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Earlier this year I had the pleasure at staying at Kensington Place for the second time. Marlene made us feel special from the time I arrived to the time I left. The decor is tasteful and stylish. The property has a relaxed and sophisticated ambiance. Each guest is looked after in a highly personalised way that is so rare these days, even in smaller boutique hotels. There is attention to detail in every aspect. The delicious breakfast options are a highlight. I hope my travels take me to Cape Town in the future so that I can enjoy Kensington Place’s warm hospitality again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kensington Place? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kensington Place

Address: 38 Kensington Crescent | Higgovale, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa
Location: South Africa > Western Cape > Cape Town > Cape Town Central > City Bowl
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#4 Luxury Hotel in Cape Town Central
#5 Romantic Hotel in Cape Town Central
#34 Family Hotel in Cape Town Central
#37 Business Hotel in Cape Town Central
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Kensington Place 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL and Expedia so you can book your Kensington Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Kensington Place Hotel Cape Town Central
Kensington Place Cape Town, South Africa

If you own or manage Kensington Place, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.