We stayed in a two-bedroom apartment for four nights. It had a large living/dining room, good-sized and well-equipped kitchen, including dishwasher and washer/dryer, and two bedrooms. The master bedroom was very spacious with a large en suite (with bath and separate shower), and the second bedroom was still a fair size with a smaller but perfectly adequate en suite (bath with shower over). The beds were very comfortable and their was plenty of space for luggage.
There was a huge terrace running the entire width of the apartment, accessible from either bedroom, or the lounge, with plenty of seats/loungers for soaking up a few rays and/or watching the world go by along the canal. We would see through the opposite buildings to one of the marinas and beyond, and even got a reflected view of Table Mountain in the windows of another apartment!
There is secure underground parking, with allocated spaces near to each apartment, and the whole development feels very secure, with gated access ate various points around the perimeter. We walked to the waterfront a few times to eat and take a trip to Robben Island, and it's an easy and pleasant walk, with plenty to see along the way. My husband walked into the city centre too, which is not too far, and although there are lots of busy/wide roads to cross, he felt safe.
We could get wifi in our apartment, although it was quite expensive (170ZAR for 1GB, the smallest chunk of data available). We found the reception staff moderately helpful, not exactly going that extra mile, but always helping us out eventually. They even printed off a couple of documents we needed for our onward travels - for free.
So - this is a very comfortable and convenient place to stay, right near the heart of the city. It's not cheap, but it does feel safe and that's what counted for us, especially with two children. We'd consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Village, situated on the water's edge in the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, next to the Cape Grace Hotel and One&Only, offers guests luxury serviced apartments offering superior services and facilities. Guests are spoilt for choice with our selection of one to three bedroom apartments, providing a wide selection of accommodation that will suit their individual requirements. Guests will enjoy access to our on-site reception, swimming pools and gym. An abundance of shops and restaurants are available within walking distance. Crafted around tranquil waterways the inspired architecture maximises the panoramic views, creating international desirability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Waterfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- Waterfront Village Cape Town, South Africa