The reception staff were brilliant, joking with us - sometimes wonderfully inappropriately - making our stay feel really welcoming. The room we booked was very pleasant, with adjoining sitting area and roll-top bath, but on reflection, I think I would have preferred an elevated room with roof-top terrace. Breakfast is served when you provide vouchers - a little peculiar, but no major problem. Breakfast was very good, with a range of choices; service was always very friendly. The location is great for the gay bars, but Cape Town is not quite the gay party city I expected: only at the weekend is there much buzz; weekday nights are quiet. In a sense, the location, although very pretty, is sort of between places, whether the busy but a little soulless V&A Waterfront, or the edgier Long Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760's. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired cafe's. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. From serviced apartments, houses, guest houses and traveller's rooms De Waterkant Village has it all and lodgings at the village are as diverse and eclectic as the place itself. In keeping with the feel of an authentic traveller's village, guests can enjoy services and facilities when staying in apartments or houses, such as a centralised reception, concierge, housekeeping and breakfast at The Village Cafe every morning! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town, South Africa