Our family traveled to South Africa to visit my son who is a study abroad student at Cape Town University. De Waterkant Village was a perfect location, not to far from CTU, The Warefront and Table Mountain,
Upon our arrival, after a 36 hour trip, we found the reception location had been moved. and fortunately it was only around the block.
The 2 bedroom apartment we were escorted to was far to small for a family of 4 with my son staying over a few nights making us 5. Only one bathroom would not do.
Charles was very accommodating , and we were shown another unit.
16 Loader street was like walking into a dream. A welcoming cobblestone courtyard with a fountain and ficus trees, wrought iron table and chairs. The living room was warm and cozy with all full size windows which fold back to let in the fresh air. A working fireplace and little kitchen and full bath. Upstairs was a loft bedroom overlooking the living room with a single bed and a skylight. The second bedroom was fit for a princess, queen bed with a beautiful armoire and a view into the courtyard and a full bath (soaking tub)
And then nice surprise, another bedroom up the spiral staircase! A beautiful view of the city and sunrise. Big fluffy pillows and the bathroom with a roomy shower. There was even a small wetbar for morning coffee and tea with a kettle and a frig.
It doesn't stop there....walking out onto the terrace was a view of the city and lounge chairs and small table.
Up yet another spiral staircase was a spectacular view of Table Mountain! More lounge chairs.Breathtaking. We spent some mornings and evenings up there embracing the beauty of Cape Town and the stars at night.
You certainly need to be in shape to maneuver around this beautiful villa.
Since it was winter, heaters were provided which helped take the chill off in the morning and we had fires almost every night. Fluffy blankets were provided around the living room and books to read.
The maids were excellent and we left a tip each day. They would leave endearing thank you notes with their appreciation. Every one in the reception was so very kind and helpful. Karen and Darian helped us book our safari with Aquila. Beautiful reserve that treated us well and great food, but I don't recommend a safari in the cold and rain...although it was an exciting, we were very cold and wet and it made it difficult to really enjoy the experience.
There were guards on the street day and night always willing to help you find parking and walk you to your door.
De Waterkant Village has some nice restaurants like Manhattans and The Cafe. There was some noise on the weekend nights but not all night.
I highly recommend DeWaterkant for your stay in Cape Town. Thank you for taking care of our family while we visited our son for his 21st birthday in Cape Town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760’s. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, gay clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired café’s. Famed for being a gay friendly hub, the village is within walking distance of bars and fashionable nightspots. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors.In keeping with the feel of an authentic traveller’s village, guests can enjoy services and facilities when staying in apartments or houses, such as a centralised reception, concierge and housekeeping. De Waterkant Village is truly the fun capital of Cape Town and a necessary experience on every visitor’s itinerary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town, South Africa