Each apartment is individually owned, so the quality probably varies.
We stayed at 77 Loader Street.
Some of the issues verged on absurd, like how the hair dryer was built into the wall in one of the bedrooms. This was very awkward since I am a single, travelling with a couple and had to chase them out of their room to dry my hair.
The cleaning staff were fantastic, but the way the apartments are built is odd at best. I had the upstairs room that had no door and the room was just an open space with the toilet/sink/shower in the open. A hair dryer upstairs would have been handy, and really a minimal thing to add. There was also no rubbish bin in the upstairs bathroom, nor towel racks? Not sure it was worth the price we paid. Furniture a bit tatty. Very cold with only electric, radiant heaters that really didn't help much.
The location really is amazing. So close to Cape Quarter and about a 20 min walk to the water front. Very safe with security guards dotted through the neighbourhood who are very friendly and always say hello and greet you with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760's. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired cafe's. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. From serviced apartments, houses, guest houses and traveller's rooms De Waterkant Village has it all and lodgings at the village are as diverse and eclectic as the place itself. In keeping with the feel of an authentic traveller's village, guests can enjoy services and facilities when staying in apartments or houses, such as a centralised reception, concierge, housekeeping and breakfast at The Village Cafe every morning! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town, South Africa