Like most of the reviewers I must agree that the location of this small hotel is second to none. If you are fortunate enough to have a room with windows overlooking the Company Gardens and Table Mountain, you're in for a treat.
But there are other treats too:
- the hotel is right next to the museum and planetarium - if this is your cuppa, fantastic
for daily excursions
- Loop,Bree and Kloof streets with all their attractions, shops and restaurants are literally
around the corner
- city centre & Grand Parade are within walking distance
- Green Market Square is a block down Queen Victoria St
- and if you don't mind walking, the Waterfront is within reasonable walking distance too.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great too, although we did not try dinner (there are so many eateries in and around this area!!!)
As for our room, it was north facing. That means we had a view of the buildings surrounding the hotel and their run-down facades. A humming motor buzzed the entire night (sixth floor), so if you are a light sleeper, get a room on the Queen Victoria side. The beds were comfortable enough, the linen crisp and clean.
I can recommend this hotel. Overall I would rate this as an affordable 3 star.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Town Hollow Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hollow Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Hollow South Africa
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Cape Town Hollow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.