“Magnificent views and executive lounge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Town

You added The Westin Cape Town to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Town
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Long Street | Convention Square, Cape Town Central 8000, South Africa (Formerly Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast & more
Ranked #34 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
“Magnificent views and executive lounge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent 5 marvelous days at this hotel in November and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms offer incredible views of the city and it is a true 5 star hotel with turn down service in the evening. But the most amazing part was the delicious breakfast served free-- with executive lounge privileges-- that is worth every penny of the extra cost. There is also free hours d'oeuvres and wine in the evening in the lounge. The location is excellent within walking distance to Artscape, which is where I was headed during my stay, along with the obligatory sightseeing.

Room Tip: They are all good but pay extra and get on the executive level with executive lounge privileges.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent 7 nights at this hotel and had a wonderful experience. The cleanliness of the rooms and hotel in general should be noted as well as the service and the employees’ good attitude they are very polite, always smiling and asking what can they do for you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Berkshire,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at The Westin for a week in November while attending a conference. The hotel is great. The room was spacious, with lots of light, nice coffee making facilities and mini bar. The bathroom area is fantastic, with a separate shower and separate toilet and a big bath. The wifi worked very well. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have encountered, I especially liked the variety of fresh juices, very unusual combinations, but very tasty. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I spent five days at this hotel and had a very disappointing experience overall. The staff in the restaurants and the Executive Lounge were friendly and helpful. The spa was also excellent.

But what was happening at the front desk, concierge and travel desk? I have no idea but it was not good. The front desk staff was surly and never smiled. I phoned down to the concierge asked them to make us a dinner reservation. No less than three different staff over the next 15 minutes phoned back to ask me again about the basic info of restaurant name, time, number in the party. And add that to the fact that I had phoned the hotel several weeks before I checked in and talked to the concierge and asked her to recommend a tour company for when we were there. She promised to email the info shortly. Never heard from her again.

And then the travel desk. I asked for directions out of the city to the Garden Route. One of the staff (wish I had gotten her name.) told me I did not need directions, just follow the signs. I told her I would feel more comfortable with printed directions, she told me to use my GPS. I insisted on printed directions. One of her colleagues grudgingly printed out the travel directions. When I got into the car, I discovered they had printed directions out of the city to the Cape of Good Hope, not the Garden Route. In my 30 years of business travel and hotels stays, I have never experienced such a unfriendly and even hostile travel desk. What is going on with this hotel? Something is rotten and needs to be fixed!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a single night.

I found the parking situation very confusing. I was told to park at the convention centre until I clarified that I was actually attempting to check into the hotel. The staff at reception were good. The room was as expected and clean....not as fancy or modern as at other 4 or 5 star hotels I have been to but perfectly acceptable. Our bathroom was not fully stocked with the 'complimentary toiletries' but I didn't make a fuss. The TV is complicated and slow to operate.

The shuttle service to the waterfront is very useful.

Breakfast was very nice but the hot food was more lukewarm than hot. The service was great though and everything delicious.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
North potomac, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Westin for 3 nights in December and we could not have asked for a better stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and as is the case with other Westins, the bed made for a perfect night's sleep. Our room had a great view of the city and table mountain, and the concierge recommended a great restaurant. We took advantage of the hotel's free shuttle to the waterfront mall area for dinner 2 times, which i highly recommend. The front desk staff was also very friendly and helpful. Even with the convention center across the street, the hotel never seemed overly busy or crowded. If I had one thing to complain about, if would be the service in the restaurant for dinner the one night we did not go to the waterfront. The service was not bad, but it was not what I would call prompt, either. Having said that, I think a part of this is the difference in restaurant service standards between the US and South Africa. I noticed after 2 weeks in SA, that restaurant service in general is not nearly as prompt as we have come to expect in the US. So it might just be that I am mentioning this for nothing, Still had a great stay and will definitely stay there again if I am ever back in Cape Town.

Room Tip: most rooms either have a view of table mountain or the waterfront, so cant really go wrong. But I wo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Matt F

Thank you for the amazing review of The Westin Cape Town. Our innovative programmes and instinctive service transform every aspect of your stay into a revitalizing experience and we are dedicated to provide an experience that leaves you feeling better than when you arrived.

Your positive comments inspire us to create an even better experience for our guests, as each of our signature offerings has been designed with a better you in mind. We hope to welcome you back to our wonderful city soon!

Be well, be Westin

Rob Kucera
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Alround very very good. Staff were so helpfull. The rooms are very nice and with a good view. The location is good and you can walk around pretty easily from there.

If i had to pick one issue it would be the bar area. Not very enticing......

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear jpjakarta

Be well, be Westin

Rob Kucera

Been to The Westin Cape Town? Share your experiences!