“Outstanding hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Town

You added The Westin Cape Town to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Town
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Long Street | Convention Square, Cape Town Central 8000, South Africa (Formerly Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast & more
Ranked #33 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Dublin, Ireland
“Outstanding hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Spent three nights here and could not fault the hotel. Outstanding.

Small tip to hotel: please do screen the taxi drivers in the lobby; while most were fine one or two obviously overcharged us which is not the end of the world but I would expect the hotel to try to inflect their policy on taxis waiting outside.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear mistergreen58

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town

Rob Kucera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I usually don't like to write this kind of comment but I am outrageous about my experience in this particular hotel - so I have to write about it, especially since I always liked Westin hotels in the past, and I am also a member.

I am on a business trip and is staying on the Westin Cape Town Executive floor for five days. The room is really just mediocre. The first day I have already found 2 sets of different hair in my bath tub. I tried to ignore it, was too tired and thinking it is a isolated incident. So I slept and worked the next day, coming just to find out that a lot of equipment are faulty - the safe, and lamp and the shower all got problem. So I called the service people tried to change my room, and the person who came was really rude and claimed the safe is fine (But there were two other staff who tested the safe and found it wasn't working as well), and wasn't even bother to inspect the other equipment before acting smart.

So I changed my room at the end but guess what - the shower there is also leaking and what's more, I found pubic hair(that obviously isn't mine) in the bath tub in the next day!

I am absolutely outrage about my experience here, given that Cape Town is such a beautiful city, although not so safe, I would still say my worst experience here would be this hotel!

I only have one night left so not a good idea to change hotel now, but I would not advise anyone to stay here, it just doesn't worth the price!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Keee

Thank you for your comments as per you meeting with senior management , we have provided the necassary compensation as per your request.

Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is very convenient for a visit to Cape Town. It is situated on main bus routes including two lines of the "Hop on Hop off" buses. There is also a free shuttle to the excellent V & A waterfront.

The hotel is modern and the breakfasts are excellent. The room was excellent. There is a spectacular indoor pool on the top floor with dramatic views

I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a good view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DPALTON

Thank you for the postive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have been treating a friend to a day at Arabella spa every December as i live abroad. We have always enjoyed our experience. This December (2013) was a terrible disappointment.

I left a message for the spa manager to call me as I was bringing a friend and wanted to organise some treats for her. She never called me back. When we arrived- the receptionist was rude and had clearly returned from a smoke break as she smelled of smoke ( I cannot remember her name - it was unusual and started with an L) I asked again to please speak to the spa manager but was told she wasn't there. No further explanation of when she would return. We were seated in the lounge chatting when a therapist walked up and interrupted us rudely by saying "Which one of you is mine?" A bit taken aback, we introduced ourselves and she then said, "Well we need to start now." I replied that we in fact had another ten minutes to go before our treatments started and would like to continue chatting. She walked off muttering something. I had booked the massage that specifically focuses on the head, neck and shoulders and feet. It was the worst massage I've ever had and my friend's was not much better. My therapist kept leaning right over me so that her entire upper body was touching me and she kept knocking the table. The worst part was the actual massage: zero pressure, and it felt as if she was just playing with my hair. Complete waste of money. My friend who was in a separate room went in after me but I came out first - the massage definitely wasn't the full time. I asked again to speak to the spa manager on my way out but she, "Wasn't there." I left my name and number but needless to say she never called back. I cannot believe the change in a year. The spa has gone downhill and the atmosphere is completely different. Please do not waste your time or money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Tamsyn_Smith7

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our services. We do sincerely hope you will permit us an early opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had a large business function at the Westin tonight, and everything was perfect.

From the parking to check-in, it could not have gone better. Quite unbelievable to be greeted by the front desk manager Joseph Mdashe on my name (I stayed here a few months ago) in Afrikaans! Great guy, a true asset.

The gym and spa are still world-class, and the food at our function was fantastic!

The location is perfect for first-time visitors to Cape Town.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the V&A Waterfront and World Cup stadium.
Dear Gerhard13071964

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin and we hope to see you again very soon for you next stay in Cape Town

SuperFoodsRx® menu
SuperFoods dishes powerfully pair whole foods to boost their flavors and their benefits. SuperFoods include fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins that are known to improve well-being and longevity. Antioxidant-rich and naturally low in calories, these tempting selections make healthful meals impossible to resist. Westin is the first hotel to embrace the SuperFoods concept and introduce these delectable, good-for-you choices to breakfast and in-room dining menus.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Came for 1 night in this hotel, it was bulk reservation from my company to attend conference with our distributors, so around 80 people...
First I got smoking room and when I asked to change they said there are no rooms available (non-smoking) and they gave me room for handicaped people with bathroom arranged for disabled people...
Even in the room lot of things are missing for a 5* hotel: only 1 bottle of water, no slippers, lack of plugs in the room
The variety of food for breakfast and lunch was poor.

Dear Amine T

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Belmopan, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed there for about a week in November of 2013. The views are beautiful, great executive lounge with wonderful and delicious foods and drinks. Service was beyond excellent, friendly and did their best to accomodate everything they could. The spa is great, had facials and a massage, both well worth the prices. Room service meals are excellent with great variety, and the tour booked from the hotel was very well thought out, informative and fun.

If I ever go back to Cape Town I hope to stay there once again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear menoa_minnoan

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town

In-Room Spa Services
Restore energy and relieve stress with a menu of custom treatments developed especially for Westin In-Room Spa services. Guests can indulge in the experience of a soothing spa getaway in the privacy of their own room. Many resort locations also offer peaceful healing in beautifully designed on-site spas where innovative therapies help guests get back to their best selves.

Been to The Westin Cape Town? Share your experiences!