“Superb Hotel with a good breakfast view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Town

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cape Town to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Town
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Long Street | Convention Square, Cape Town Central 8000, South Africa (Formerly Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel)   |
Ranked #31 of 101 hotels in Cape Town Central
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Superb Hotel with a good breakfast view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Its a great hotel, very good maintained room, a super super breakfast buffet and attentive staff. Secure as each floor is secured with key card. Checkin flawless, convention center next door. Walking distance to waterfront V&A

Room Tip: Rooms with east view have table mountain view, west side is warm due to sun!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Luhingyu

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin Cape Town and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town

Be well, be Westin

1,181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am regulary in Cape Town, and I am wondering why I have never stayted hear before?
The rooms are spacious, and the entire property is very conveniently located, whether you are a tourist or a business traveller.
I had a beautiful view over the harbour. Taking my morning coffee watching the comings and goings of vesels and the other breathtaking views inevitably made me late for my daily activities.
The rim flow pool on the 19th floor must be seen! Yo can chill with a cocktail and look over its infiniti edge into Table Bay .... making me late again for whatever activities I had planned.

I could go on and on ... but I need to mention 1 thing. The service levels in this hotel are nothing like I have experienced in the past.
When requesting anthing, laundry, room service, and extra blanket, it is done with such kindness and speed. I was often left wondering how they got from the kitchen to my room so fast with the request I had made.

I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Request a room with a view
Dear craigharwood

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin Cape Town and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town

Be well, be Westin

Watamu, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would definitely recommend the Westin if you have an event at the CTICC right next door. Its very easy to have goods delivered to your room and the staff are very professional and courteous. I would also recommend the breakfast upstairs. Next time I will definitely try the spa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear globalsafari

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town and i would like to thank you for letting me know.

We do hope to see you again when next you travel to Cape Town.

• In response to a global effort to further reduce the brand’s carbon footprint, we have launched the Make A Green Choice (MAGC) program. The program affords stay-over guests an opportunity to decline housekeeping services as well as the daily washing of linen and towels. In recognition of participation, guests are rewarded with a choice of F&B credit at selected hotel restaurants, SPG points or they can choose to donate the points to UNICEFs environmental work for children, a hotel initiative. The Make a Green Choice (MAGC) program supports Starwood Hotels and Resorts overall global sustainability strategy of reducing 30% electricity and 20% Water consumption by the year 2020.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The rooms are just right and the staff are really nice. Love the shuttle to the Waterfront. Good internet access. Some rooms have a nice view, and there's a good view from the Executive Lounge. The Executive Lounge has its own tasty breakfast, but we actually preferred the main buffet downstairs. Cape Town is a great city, and if we ever return, there's no doubt we'll stay at the Westin again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mercy J

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed yoru time with us at the Westin Cape Town and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town.

• Nothing restores your mind and body like restful sleep. Dream away in the Westin Heavenly® Bed so you can meet the challenges of the day head-on.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I rarely bother to write about another corporate hotel, as they all tend to provide a similarly good quality product, but the Westin fell down on internet access. At roughly 500kb internet speed (and no apparent way to pay for better speeds), I could not use FaceTime to speak to the family. I can in Rwanda and Nigeria but not here. Also no outdoor pool/lounge area/roof terrace which is a shame.

Dear CharlieNorthLondon

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Cape Town.

I reviewed your comments with regards to the internet connection. We are in the process of reviewing our wifi offering and working very closely with our third party service provider to be able to provide a faster and reliable connection.

We hope to welcome you again when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

The Westin Essense
At Westin, everything we do is designed to help you feel your best. From our world-renowned Heavenly® Bed and our nourishing SuperFoodsRx™ dishes, to our energizing WestinWORKOUT and our revitalizing Heavenly® Spa treatments, every element of your stay is created to leave you feeling better than when you arrived. Westin. For a better you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a very pleasant week a the Westin as part of a conference visit. In that time we stayed in two rooms - on the 8th and 18th floor. Both were nice and spacious with good views of the city. The bed was exceptionally comfortable in both cases. The breakfast quality was outstanding and varied enough to cater for visitors from around the globe. The pool is small but has a wonderful view and is big enough for lap swimming - the view from the Jacuzzi is outstanding. the staff are very well trained and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. We were grateful for the hotel shuttle service to the more varied dining options available on the waterfront although both downstairs and 19th floor restaurants serve pretty good food.

Room Tip: You can get rooms with a view of Table Mountain - but sea/port view rooms are good too.
Dear lilywall

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorityu and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Westin Cape Town in the near future.

Signature Heavenly® Programs
Guests enjoy an amazingly restful night’s sleep, which revitalizes the body and brain. The world-renowned Westin Heavenly Bed features lush sheets, down cushioning and our patented pillow-top mattress, which cradles and contours to the body for complete comfort. Another industry first, the Heavenly Bath creates an invigorating spa-like experience, enhanced with our Heavenly Shower® Heavenly® Robe and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath amenities.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I literally did not want to leave this hotel when our time was up to move on to the next. We spent three nights in the Westin,Cape Town, as part of a week-long business trip with some leisure squeezed in on either side. Located conveniently in / near the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town but within walking distance also of the center of the city, this hotel exceeded all expectations.

Admittedly, at first we were a little taken aback that it was attached to the Cape Town International Conference Center and appeared to be functional accordingly, but once you enter the doors you experience the superb service and amazing food, modern contemporary spacious rooms and outstanding views of the V&A, and you are smitten.

We requested a room higher up with a view and we were located on the 10th floor with a glorious 180 degree vista of Cape Town's famous V&A Waterfront and harbour. But if that bores you, there's always the Executive Club on the 19th floor for breakfasts and a romantic dinner where you may also have the choice of looking full on at the other icon of Cape Town which is Table Mountain. Breathtaking sights and great for the soul.

I cannot praise the chefs enough in this establishment for the top quality menus at dinner, breakfast and any time of the day - even room service. Ingredients are fresh and the meals are delicious. Breakfasts on the 19th Floor tastefully met a broad spectrum of tastes and it was just a pleasure to get there every morning and start with a freshly made smoothy, sun ripened fresh fruit and then tuck in to one of several egg dishes on offer. But if you are in to conjee i.e Asian style start to the day or a more continental style breakfast - there was an array of pastries, cold meats and cheeses to die for. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict - there were three variations. I had an omlette one morning and then tried two variations of the Eggs Benedict on the other days we were at the hotel. All I can say is you are spoiled for choice.

I must admit there may be one caution in this regard - make sure you are a Starwood Member. I suspect it was only with this that we gained access to this "club".

The rooms themselves are modern, spacious and the view is magnificent. All in-room conveniences are available from a stocked bar fridge to coffee machine, luxurious bath and spacious shower. The usual safe, international plugs and free wifi etc in the rooms.

If you self drive, your car is whisked away by a valet service and we never waited longer than a very few minutes for the car to be delivered for us to drive off. If you don't hire a car, you can catch a regular, free shuttle in to the heart of the V&A or even a water taxi and tour if that appeals to you. It cost ZAR30 pp and is valid for a day - hop on hop off, use as much as you like.

There is a cigar lounge on the first floor, a restaurant called Thirty 7 and a well stocked bar if you need it on the ground floor and aside from the pool, the hotel also offers the Arabella Spa alongside a new, well equipped gym with views of the waterfront to inspire you on the treadmill.

I used the spa on my last day, and found it very convenient, suitably priced and the treatment (just a pedi and mani this time) very professionally done. The after treatment 'chill' on the waterbed overlooking Table Mountain was simply rejuvenating after all the shopping I'd done!

All in all, a top notch establishment I reckon any one would be delighted to experience in a city with so much to offer.

Room Tip: I don't think you would be sorry in any room you are allocated in this hotel but advice that you...
Dear Papparazzijo

I was very pleased how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town and I would like to thank you for leeting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.

We do hope to see you again when you travel to Cape Town.

The Westin Difference
The Westin Difference makes healthful choices irresistibly appealing – offering innovative programs that ensure our guests feel well rested, well-nourished and well cared for. Westin understands that feeling good flows from a relaxing and comfortable environment where careful attention is given to the most important components of a guest’s stay. At every Westin Hotel and Resort, in the world’s most exhilarating destinations, discerning travelers discover just how good it feels to stay with us.

GM

Been to The Westin Cape Town? Share your experiences!