“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cape Town

You added The Westin Cape Town to your Saves list
The Westin Cape Town
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Long Street | Convention Square, Cape Town Central 8000, South Africa (Formerly Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast & more
Ranked #33 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Algiers
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed for one night, and I enjoyed the hotel,
Location, room, view, lobby....very good!
The breakfast buffet is excellent, wide variety of choices and tastes,

Maybe one night is not enough for a good review, but I'd definitely recommend this hotel for travelers!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Imed_DZ

Your kind comments are greatly appreicated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is alwaysd gratifying to receive such praise.

We hope to have you stay with us again - maybe a few days longer - to experience the incredible sites Cape Town has to offer.

The Westin Difference
The Westin Difference makes healthful choices irresistibly appealing – offering innovative programs that ensure our guests feel well rested, well-nourished and well cared for. Westin understands that feeling good flows from a relaxing and comfortable environment where careful attention is given to the most important components of a guest’s stay. At every Westin Hotel and Resort, in the world’s most exhilarating destinations, discerning travelers discover just how good it feels to stay with us.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at the Westin Capetown for work. It's very well located 5 mins walk to the old towncenter, 5 minutes shuttle to the V&A waterfront. You can also take the watertaxi operated by citysightseeing from the hotel towards the V&A. The service was impecable, rooms were very clean and very nice. The view from the executive restaurant is just wonderfull. On the one side, you have a view towards the V&A, on the other side, you see the table mountain. The swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi all have a great view of he V&A. Only one remark. I was there in july ( so local winter) and then this is a fantastic hotel, but in summer and certainly when on vacation, I would prefer an open air swimmingpool with outdoor relaxation opportunities (sunbeds, etc.)

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear traveladdictions

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town and would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received.

We do hope to welcome you again when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

Starwood Preferred Guest
Westin is proud to be part of the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program, the premier award-winning hotel loyalty program. Members of the SPG program earn valuable Starpoints® across all Westin hotels and resorts as well as Starwood’s eight other distinctive hotel brands. Members can redeem Starpoints for Free Night Awards with no blackout dates or capacity controls at over 1000 hotels and resorts worldwide. Starpoints can also be redeemed toward Award Flights on over 350 airlines, merchandise, and more. Becoming a member is free at spg.com/join

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

After a long two week trip and some not so nice hotels, I was so relieved when I stepped into my room on the executive floor. Great room. Smelled great, clean, soft bed and a bathroom to die for. Deep tub for relaxing. And yes...heated bathroom floor. Yes!
Restaurant amazing. Great wine selection and steak was great. People sooo nice especially the front desk staff. They even opened up the wine store early in the morning so a colleague of mine could buy me a gift!
Then the breakfast in the executive lounge...Great! and great service and food.
Now this is what I expect from a fine Westin. Thank you.

Room Tip: Get executive floor and club privileges
Dear ScopeDRK

We were delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at the Westin Cape Town.

It was nice to hear our Front Desk staff exceeded your expectations. They work extremely hard to make every guest feel special.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Make a green choice
• The less water, energy and other resources we use, the more there is to go around. Reward yourself with a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® awarded at check out for each night you decline housekeeping services (except day of departure). Conservation matters. Make A Green Choice. Guest is eligible to participate if staying for more than 2 nights and can choose one of the following for every night he declines housekeeping services:
R45.00 credit at F&B or 500 SPG Starpoints® or Donating 500 SPG Starpoints® to UNICEF

hannover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed aat Sheraton , and was surprised about the amazing views.
The room was big , bright and very clean. Food is allways good there.
staff is assisting when needed. I had a pleasant , relaxing stay. Thank you

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear ann-marie b

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay.

• Maintain a healthy lifestyle on the road with our nutrient-rich and delicious SuperFoodsRx™ dishes.

las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed over 60 nights at SPG properties this year, and quite a few Westins. This is one of my top 3 for value , quality, and service. Despite some ongoing issues regarding points credit for the loyalty program, I'd recommend this as a great value to a 5 star traveler. Sure, it's really a four star hotel to those of us who have stayed in REAL 5 star hotels, and you could go 2 blocks tostay at The One & Only, or one of the 2 leading Hotels of the World properties in the downtown area, but there really isn't any need. I'm rarely one to slough off true 5 star luxury in favor of a 4 star property , but the 200-400 per night difference in price is just not justified. You'll find the facilities and rooms more than adequate for your luxury tastes, and you'll enjoy a great choice of items on the buffet breakfast menu....a buffet difficult to duplicate in variety at a smaller property.
You'll be a short few blocks to the V&A Waterfront.....5-10 minute walk, no need to spend a lot more to get what we expect. And remember, this review comes from a guy who has taken some shots at other Westins in the past because the brand really is 'all over the place" in quality. OK , so I'd give it 4.25 stars if the scale were different.

Room Tip: ask for an executive club room or book a suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear traderprofit

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Westin Cape Town. It was nice to hear that we met your service expectations.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you again when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

The Westin Essense
At Westin, everything we do is designed to help you feel your best. From our world-renowned Heavenly® Bed and our nourishing SuperFoodsRx™ dishes, to our energizing WestinWORKOUT and our revitalizing Heavenly® Spa treatments, every element of your stay is created to leave you feeling better than when you arrived. Westin. For a better you.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Ok, the title of my review says it all. We stayed at Executive floor, had a great room with a big window and view of the waterfront. For breakfast we used the Executive Lounde on the top floor, that has AMAZING views of the Table Mountain and the waterfront. Breakfast in delicious, though hot orders ( e.g fried eggs) take a long, long time. I had to ask the waiter every day to please deliver it faster, as we'd be late for the tours. Complimentary canapes during happy hour every day are also very nice, specially when you come back to hotel after all day of sightseeing tired, hungry, and willing to bite something quick, before taking shower and heading out for a dinner. I did a manicure in their spa, which was the most lousy, while the most expensive manicure I did in my life, so I wouldn't recommend it. As of location, it's right around the hop-on hop-ff bus stop if you plan on it, and a short free hotel shuttle ride to the Waterfront. We also walked to the African Dance theater ( 10 min walk), and to Fork restaurant ( attention - DO NOT walk around Cape Town at night. During the day is fine, but full of beggars on every corner). Taxis are very cheap in Cape Town, use it always after dark, just don't try to flag it on the street, ask a hotel or a restaurant host to call on for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ukraniana

Thank you for your positive feedback of our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town.

I reviewed your comments with regards to the service of your breakfast orders as well as your experience in our Arabella Spa and have passed on the feedback to the relevant Heads of Departments for action and review.

Signature Heavenly® Programs
Guests enjoy an amazingly restful night’s sleep, which revitalizes the body and brain. The world-renowned Westin Heavenly Bed features lush sheets, down cushioning and our patented pillow-top mattress, which cradles and contours to the body for complete comfort. Another industry first, the Heavenly Bath creates an invigorating spa-like experience, enhanced with our Heavenly Shower® Heavenly® Robe and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath amenities.

We do hope to welcome you again when next your travels take you to South Africa.

Looe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here because of a conference in the hotel. The room was comfortable and quite contemporary (or maybe contemporary a few years ago). Fantastic window allowing sufficient light in to the room (why are almost all hotel rooms too dark - probably best not to dwell on that) but odd shaped lounger that was just not quite comfortable and probably selected too much for looks and not enough for comfort.
I checked in early (for which, thank you Westin) following an overnight from the UK. While I was unpacking and preparing for the conference, I had about four visits from hotel staff, to check the mini-bar (which seems odd as I had just arrived) to fix the shower (wasn't aware of a problem), to the extent that I was beginning to wonder if there was some ulterior motive. I made sure I used the room safe whenever I was out of the room as the level of "hotel" traffic seemed too high.
A nice feature is the free shuttle throughout the day and evening to the V&A waterfront where there are shops, restaurants and a reasonable atmosphere - even in the middle of winter (though the weather was remarkably nice when I was there, not sure how it might be in the rain). Problem was that the shuttle only seated seven and on a couple of occasions, was unable to accommodate all who were waiting. I'm informed this is a temporary problem as the normally used vehicle was out with a problem with the exhaust pipe - but if you want to go to the waterfront, it's worth checking capacity and when might be a quiet time in terms of passenger demand.
Not wishing to compete for limited seats, on my third night I ended up walking to Greenmarket Square, which had been recommended to me. Probably my own fault as I didn't specify I was going out at 9pm when I asked, but don't recommend this for a night-time visit. All the stalls shut, restaurants mostly empty and only pan-handlers on the street trying to get me to visit a strip-club and/or buy them food. Didn't hang around and didn't enjoy the walk too much - purposeful stride, looking as big and mean as possible, avoiding eye contact with the few on the street got me back to the hotel without further incident. Not generally a fan of eating in hotels if I can avoid it, but was told on my return that nothing suitable was within walking distance, so discovered that the restaurant was pretty good for dinner, as well as providing a nice breakfast.
Overall, enjoyed the stay and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. My issues were more about the locale of the hotel than its facilities and if I stay in the area again, I will make sure I have a better understanding of when and where to go for food, shopping and ambiance.

Dear Flyingjohn

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Westin Cape Town.

Your kind cooments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive positive reviews.

A Sensory Welcome
The sensory-rich environment at Westin offers a respite from the rigors of travel and sets a welcoming tone. Upon entering the lobby, guests begin to breathe more easily as they are greeted with soothing elements like relaxed lighting, natural botanical beauty and stimulating music. The signature White Tea by Westin fragrance lightly infuses all common spaces.

We hope to welcome you again when next your travels take you to Cape Town. Our duty Managers will gladly assist you with recommendation in and around Cape Town.

GM

Been to The Westin Cape Town? Share your experiences!