This is a 5-star, luxury hotel in the heart of Cape Town, physically connected to the convention center and close to the V&A Waterfront. I was upgraded to an Executive Club floor room had panoramic views of Cape Town and was in a quiet location. The staff are friendly and service is one of the best I have received anywhere. For tourists, it's right next to the pick-up location for the sightseeing bus and is on the list for stops for tours departing Cape Town. The hotel was a free shuttle that runs to the V&A Waterfront 9am - 11:30pm, an shopping mall/harbor development (sort of like the ones in Sydney and San Francisco) that has lots of shopping and dining options. There is a fullly-stafed, dedicated travel desk just to help with travel arrangements from taxis to tours so you'll be well taken care of. For business travelers, it is next to the convention center and central to the business district with fast WiFi.
Also, the club lounge is absolutely legendary, perhaps the best hotel lounge I've ever been to. It is large with panoramic views of Cape Town, including Table Mountain and new 2010 FIFA World Cup stadium. It serves a full commentary breakfast buffet (juices, fruits, pastries, meats, cheeses, sushi, coffee, expresso, yogurts, the list goes on) during the morning and appetizers in the evening. On top of that, it is open 24/7 for free coffee, etc.
The only issue I had was that the hotel could not accommodate the guaranteed 4pm late check out for me as SPG Platinum. This is usually the case at properties connected to a convention center, so I did expect it. However, the staff were willing bend the rules and let me check out at 2pm instead of 12pm - which was much appreciated. The even staff arranged for me to take a shower in the spa after check-out - and everyone was consistently helpful!
Overall, you can't beat this combination of location and service in Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa