I never write reviews, but I had such a wonderful time in Cape Town and at Parker Cottage I figured how could I not! I stayed at Parker Cottage for 5 nights before leaving on a 3 week overland safari tour through Africa. After the amazing hospitality I received at Parker Cottage, I do have to say it is in the top 3 places I have ever stayed at (and I have been to six continents and 30+ countries in the past 5 years). Phil and Liz are amazing genuine people! Since I arrived late into Cape Town, they were able to arrange transportation from the airport to the B&B by another lovely Cape Town couple. When I got into my room they had written a personal note welcoming me, as well as a tray with snacks, water and a bottle of wine. It's just what I needed after being in the air for almost 25 hours! Breakfast was always top notch, and man did that coffee keep on coming! I was even able to make it to one of their wine nights which was just an extra bonus to an already spectacular stay. The area is VERY safe. I am a solo female traveler, and I walked around the area by myself! I even walked all the way to the V&A Waterfront with no problem. I fell in love with Cape Town, and I am hoping that I can visit again in the future, and I will definitely be staying at Parker Cottage!
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Hotel
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.