Even with Phil and Liz out of town, the rest of the team gave my fiancé and I tip-top service.
If you are looking to stay in a convenient location (especially for food and hiking), with privacy and luxurious amenities, this is your place.
Breakfast could not be beat, there was no nickel & diming, and the entire staff went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect stay.
If it helps, I'm American, 26 years old, and was looking for a quality place to stay without breaking the bank. The general demographic was a bit older, but I truly enjoy top quality B&B's, and for roughly 1/3 of what I'm used to spending in the US, this place easily matched, if not exceeded my previous experiences.
If you are go-go-go like we are, Phil and Liz are going to do their absolute best to slow you down (we didn't listen and went with 5 days in CT). In retrospect, I wish I had, as Cape Town was the toughest place I've had to leave.
Our highlights were a rugby match, a trip to the wine lands (I would recommend either a drive with Chris - would could truly not be any more informative and friendly (without being nosy or overbearing), or staying in the wine lands for a day or two), the food (this was far-and-away our biggest surprise; the food so far exceeded our expectations that I would go back just for the sole purpose of eating again.), and the hikes. We stretched one day and did a drive to the Cape of Good hope, a hike there, the gorgeous (cannot emphasize this enough (think Estes Park in CO meets Big Sur on HWY 1), drive back on Chapman's Peak, and then knocked out the Plattekloof hike on Table Mountain (Sooooo awesome).
Bottom-line: We hit Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Cape Town, Sabi Sands (saw all the big 5 multiple times), and Istanbul on this trip and it rained 4 of the 5 days we were in Cape Town. Cape Town was still our favorite location by a long shot, and Parker Cottage had a lot to do with that...
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Hotel
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.