This was our third stay at Parker Cottage in two years time and with seven nights it was the longest so far. Once again Parker lived full up to our high expectations: it is a place to feel home rather than just another guesthouse. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Just every detail had been given careful thought. The beds were equipped with the best mattresses one could think of - not unimportant when staying away from your own home.
Parker Cottage takes a special interest in the South African society in which it operates, focusing on its environmental footprint but also on providing equal opportunities for its staff. As foreigners it is very rewarding to interact at par with a new generation of proud South Africans, knowing they are no longer victim of the long standing inequalities in this country. Knowing that the owners of our place of choice to stay in Cape Town take this socially responsible position is a big plus for Parker Cottage.
Speaking about the owners: Phil and Liz are the best hosts one could think of: warm, personal, at a distance when required, close by when appropriate, both with a very personal touch for their guests. They actively promote their guests to interact. This again makes Parker Cottage into so much more than just another guesthouse.
Needless to summarise that our room was impeccable and very comfortable and that breakfasts leave nothing to desire. Do I detect a trend towards more culinary breakfasts, as I also found in Canada last year? Again, Parker Cottage claims that over 80% of ingredients and other stuff comes from within a 200 km radius around them ... think of the responsible implications of that alone!
From the above it may be clear that we enjoyed every aspect of our stay and (quite unusual) that we felt really sad to have to leave so soon (as we felt it). Cape Town is an excellent travel destination for private purposes, Parker Cottage is a unique house to stay in while you are there.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Hotel
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.