The Protea Breakwater lodge was once an old prison and it shows in certain areas. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The rooms were basic and perhaps a little small. Ours looked over a roof. The housekeeping of the room was below standard many items such as towels and shower gel not replaced. Breakfast was good with a wide range on offer. Location of the hotel was ideal for the V and A Waterfront without costing a fortune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a minute away from restaurants, theatres and shops, the Breakwater Lodge, one of the finest hotels operated by Protea Hotels, is perfectly positioned in the heart of the famous V&A Waterfront. Neighbouring the city, this hotel lies within easy reach of the best beaches, tourist hotspots and Cape Town International Airport. Once a 19th-century prison, the hotel today provides comfortable and affordable accommodation in Cape Town, a spectacular setting that looks out over the harbour and Table Mountain. Considered to be one of the premier Cape Town hotels, Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge boasts bedrooms ranging from business to family suites. Each is equipped with a 22 inch LCD TV with satellite channels/radio and direct dial telephone and supplied with a welcome refreshment tray. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Cape Town, South Africa