The Protea Breakwater Lodge is a converted prison and is also linked to a university. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and functional, the food in the restaurant is perfectly fine.
The location is fantastic! It is about a 5-10 minute walk to the V&A waterfront and a stones throw from the aquarium.
We stayed there for about 6 nights and it was fine for that length of time. Would stay there again if I go back to Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a minute away from restaurants, theatres and shops, the Breakwater Lodge, one of the finest hotels operated by Protea Hotels, is perfectly positioned in the heart of the famous V&A Waterfront. Neighbouring the city, this hotel lies within easy reach of the best beaches, tourist hotspots and Cape Town International Airport. Once a 19th-century prison, the hotel today provides comfortable and affordable accommodation in Cape Town, a spectacular setting that looks out over the harbour and Table Mountain. Considered to be one of the premier Cape Town hotels, Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge boasts bedrooms ranging from business to family suites. Each is equipped with a 22 inch LCD TV with satellite channels/radio and direct dial telephone and supplied with a welcome refreshment tray. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Cape Town, South Africa