We got a great rate last minute on this property ( about $AU100 per night) and stayed 2 nights. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is good - lots of fruits, yogurts, etc, all sorts of hot food. The restaurant is also good value, the food very tasty, although it lacks a bit in atmosphere.
We had a disable access room ( must have been the only one left) and the toilet is in a strange location which means you can sit on the toilet and wash your hands at the same time. The bathroom door didnt quite close properly either. The room itself however, was huge. Nice view of the courtyard.
The hotel is in a great location - across the road from the Two Oceans Aquarium and walking distance to the whole V & A Waterfront area.
We would stay here again - our only gripe was that the wi-fi link in our room was weak. We found we got a faster link in the lobby and breakfast area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a rich piece of history balancing modern-day comfort when you stay at this hotel right next to Cape Town's fabulous V&A Waterfront. Just a minute away from restaurants, theatres and shops, the hotel is perfectly positioned in the heart of the V&A Waterfront and 25km from Cape Town International Airport. The hotel is also near all the main routes to the beaches, mountain walks and city hotspots as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and Cape Town Stadium. The Hotel is closely linked with the University of Cape Town's Graduate School of Business and features 18 conference venues, four public lounges, gym, SPA, business centre, 24-hour secure parking - 250 parking bays, airport transfers, laundry service. The hotel boasts with 191 modern environmentally conscious rooms with standard rooms, business suites and family units. All rooms are equipped with minibar fridge, free uncapped WIFI, tea/coffee facilities, air-conditioning, LCD flat screen TV, telephone and laptop-friendly electronic safes. Stonebreakers Restaurant offers a la carte & buffet menus daily in a relaxed atmosphere with magnificent views of both the V&A Waterfront and Table Mountain. A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is available from our full service bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Cape Town, South Africa