Spent 4 nights at the Breakwater August 24-27, 2013. Originally an old prison the rooms are VERY quiet! We'd originally reserved a premium room with a view but upon check-in the clerk, for some reason, stuck us in a room with a view of....a room across an air shaft! They quickly sorted this out the next day (we'd arrived after 10 pm) and we got a room with a great view of Table Mountain and sections of the harbour. The rooms are secure and there are common rooms at the corners on each floor (think "hollow square"). The hotel is actually three buildings all within a stone/cement wall; the self-serve and bar/dining rooms are at the building farthest from the reception lobby. The hotel was very quick to arrange airport transport for us and put it on the room tab. Breakfasts are "all you could want, all you could eat" for $13.50 pp. We didn't eat any other meals since the location is within 3 minute walk of the V & A Waterfront with its wide selection of restaurants, bars, & shopping possibilities.
Clean, modern and yet funky, the ground floor is taken by the South African "Graduate School of Business" which lends itself to an interesting blend of people in the hallways and restaurants.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Protea Hotel Breakwater
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a minute away from restaurants, theatres and shops, the Breakwater Lodge, one of the finest hotels operated by Protea Hotels, is perfectly positioned in the heart of the famous V&A Waterfront. Neighbouring the city, this hotel lies within easy reach of the best beaches, tourist hotspots and Cape Town International Airport. Once a 19th-century prison, the hotel today provides comfortable and affordable accommodation in Cape Town, a spectacular setting that looks out over the harbour and Table Mountain. Considered to be one of the premier Cape Town hotels, Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge boasts bedrooms ranging from business to family suites. Each is equipped with a 22 inch LCD TV with satellite channels/radio and direct dial telephone and supplied with a welcome refreshment tray. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.