This hotel is about 500m (800 yards) from the vibrant Waterfront in Cape Town.
It has had a compete makeover and renovation.
It is located in a centuries old prison and shares the premises with the Graduate School of Business of the University of Cape Town ( one of the top Universities in the world)
Rooms are smallish but really well set up.
Good breakfast as well.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Protea Hotel Breakwater
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a minute away from restaurants, theatres and shops, the Breakwater Lodge, one of the finest hotels operated by Protea Hotels, is perfectly positioned in the heart of the famous V&A Waterfront. Neighbouring the city, this hotel lies within easy reach of the best beaches, tourist hotspots and Cape Town International Airport. Once a 19th-century prison, the hotel today provides comfortable and affordable accommodation in Cape Town, a spectacular setting that looks out over the harbour and Table Mountain. Considered to be one of the premier Cape Town hotels, Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge boasts bedrooms ranging from business to family suites. Each is equipped with a 22 inch LCD TV with satellite channels/radio and direct dial telephone and supplied with a welcome refreshment tray. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.