A truly classic 5-star hotel with a superb location in Cape Town's V&A waterfront area. The location in Cape Town is very important, as the waterfront area is one of those areas, where you can safely walk around even later in the evening. The downtown area does have a few nice hotels as well, but my overall experience from it is not very good: slightly run-down, messy, and not very safe in the evenings. In addition, the waterfront area has a large number of dining and entertainment opportunities. What also makes the location of this hotel excellent is the fact that it is attached to the adjacent shopping mall.
We had two separate stays at the hotel. Our first room was spacious and commanded a great view towards the waterfront and harbor area and the Table Mountain. Our second room was even more spacious and commanded an equally impressive view. At the beginning of our second stay, we were first given a room where somebody had been smoking (even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room). When we provided feedback from this, we were immediately upgraded to another, more spacious room and given free access to the cake table that was part of the afternoon tea ceremony at the hotel. A good example of the kind of responsive service that we were given at this great hotel.
Also, the hotel had one of the best and largest breakfasts that I have enjoyed anywhere in my life. It is easy to survive with the breakfast alone until the dinner.
One of the many reasons why we selected this hotel was the fact that it has a pool (or actually an outside pool area). Unfortunately, this pool area turned out to be fairly small (at least if you want to be exposed to the sunshine and get tanned). To secure a sunbed, be prepared to go there soon after the breakfast time.
Those of you who are after more boutique hotel-style accommodation and relaxed atmosphere, this is not your hotel of choice. Those of you in search of a classic, more formal luxury experience should seriously consider this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between Robben Island and Table Mountain, you’ll discover the famed Table Bay Hotel. Cosmopolitan, gracious and relaxed, The Table Bay is the sum of all that is good about Cape Town. The rooms are inviting and represent the epitome of luxury and comfort. Exceed expectations at this 5-star hotel in South Africa - from the stylish writing desks, to the expansive windows, take in a scene of the harbour or the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa