We visited Table Bay for a one night stay on our way through Cape. We visit annually and this was the first time we opted for Table Bay as we were short of time and wanted a central location for the V&A. The hotel is connected to the main shopping complex upper level, making it incredibly easy to access the shops and restaurants the V&A boasts.
Out arrival was managed seamlessly, several porters were awaiting customers at the main entrance and reception was primed for our arrival by the door staff. The greeting was warm and, to me, seemed heart felt, not a script as mentioned previously. We were escorted to our room, shown the usual bits and had the facilities explained.
The reception areas are grand, modern and well appointed with ample seating and free wifi across the hotel. A business centre on the upper floor offers private office space and printing.
We had a small issue with the included breakfast, too many customers and not enough seats, but the staff resolved the matter. The food was great and i don't recall ever having seen so diverse a breakfast spread.
Our room was large, well appointed and had splendid views across the harbour with the mountains behind. The usual trimmings were all present and the complimentary coffee was decent.
Above all else the level of service delivered by the staff was sensational. Nothing was too much trouble and every single employee seemed to strive to better your stay.
One small point to remember, SA still permits smoking in private areas and the floor we were on was fogged out by the most pungent cigar smoke imaginable. Our room was fine but book accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between Robben Island and Table Mountain, you’ll discover the famed Table Bay Hotel. Cosmopolitan, gracious and relaxed, The Table Bay is the sum of all that is good about Cape Town. The rooms are inviting and represent the epitome of luxury and comfort. Exceed expectations at this 5-star hotel in South Africa - from the stylish writing desks, to the expansive windows, take in a scene of the harbour or the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa