A trip to South Africa would not be complete without Cape Town. This happy city on the southern most tip of Africa is home to many sights [Winery visits, museums and the Cape of Good Hope, Military museum, Penguin colony] and adventures [Dune surfing, shark cage diving]. While here, we made the Table Bay Hotel our home for 4 nights.
Our very first impression of the hotel was that it felt like a Disneyland hotel. The bell hops are efficient in taking care of your luggage. After walking through a glass house tunnel [that shields you from the cold wind coming in from the sea], we entered the grand lobby. Check in was efficient and once formalities were completed, we were shown to our room.
The hotel has WiFi in the lobby and individual WiFi access for each room. I thought this was pretty nifty. Our room was on the second floor, right next to the lifts. The lifts are quite quiet and we did not hear anything from its working parts. But as our room was at a cross junction near the lifts, we could hear people talking and walking by, and our first morning, we could hear two male housekeepers talking loudly while folding sheets near our door.
That aside, our room had a King sized bed, with an seating area and TV no.2. The sofa was converted to a pull out bed for my son. Our room had a great view of the sea, and the sunrise. In front of our King bed was TV no.1 with lots of cable channels. A large wardrobe to store your luggage, clothes and shopping, and also includes the in-room safe. The bathroom had separate shower, and toilet, and a bathtub. Around the single sink were the after shower products from Molton Brown; while the shower was also stocked with Molten Brown products.
One of the days at the hotel, I misplaced my wedding ring in the room. However hard I looked, I could not unearth it. In the morning, I mentioned it to the Front Desk to inform Housekeeping to keep an eye out for it. After breakfast, I was approached by the Duty Manager, Jason, and he assured me that his team and security would look for it. By the end of the day, I saw my ring on the study table. I was extremely thankful for their sincerity in looking for my ring and finding it!
Breakfast was at the Atlantic restaurant where the buffet spread was just huge! The staff recognised us by our second day and service was very good. It's interesting to see hotel guests from all over the world staying here - USA, China, Hong Kong, India, to name a few.
Security is not an issue and it is part of the V&A waterfront shopping development. It's fairly central to the airport - only about 20-30 minutes away. If you are a runner, you can run along the waterfront towards the Cape Town Stadium [where the World Cup was held], and on to Beach Road meeting other joggers on a Sunday morning.
We found to the Table Bay Hotel to be a warm and hospitable place, with lots of things to do close to the hotel. Rooms are quite nice and service is excellent!
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between Robben Island and Table Mountain, you’ll discover the famed Table Bay Hotel. Cosmopolitan, gracious and relaxed, The Table Bay is the sum of all that is good about Cape Town. The rooms are inviting and represent the epitome of luxury and comfort. Exceed expectations at this 5-star hotel in South Africa - from the stylish writing desks, to the expansive windows, take in a scene of the harbour or the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, LHW, Travelocity, Otel and Priceline so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.