“The best hotel !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel

You added Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel to your Saves list
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   76 Orange Street | Gardens, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa (City Bowl)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Bethlehem Pennsylvania
“The best hotel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Every thing about this hotel is amazing...rooms, food, service, its the only place to stay in Cape Town. ....and the afternoon tea is not to be missed.
The hotel will also set up private tours of the cape and the wine area which are very well done.
If you are going to Cape Town this is where you want to stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place is amazing. From the grounds, to the service...unbeatable. Wonderful spa. Amazing food. There is really nothing bad I can say about it. True elegance. A gem in cape town. I met some girlfriends here for a weekend...it reminded me of old Hollywood pulling into the place. Cape town should be on everyone's bucket list...and the hotel sets the standard.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is the reason I started writing reviews here in the first place. I just wanted to trace my travels all the way back to Nov 2009, when I traveled to Cape Town and stayed in this incredible establisment. Where do I begin:
The hotel: Old style, colonial, incredible ambience, incredibly well kept, I don't have words. The public areas were wonderful, the staff and concierge very helpful, the food excellent and the bar young and trendy with some of the best cocktails I have tried - also sent to your room if you prefer. The best thing of cource was the Saturday tea. It was a ritual, never have I had so much fun with my (then friend, future) wife. We couldn't stop stuffing ourselves with cakes and sweets and at the end we had some plates taken up to our rooms to gorge.
I shouldn't forget the gardens, which are immaculate. The weather wasn't very hot, but we relaxed by the pool watching the squirrels and savouring the experience.
The rooms: Large, old fashioned but not at all depressing, warm colours, pure luxury.
The staff: As I mentioned, helpful and courteous.
The town: What can I say? One of the best trips of my life. The centre, the waterfront, Table Mountain, the Cape, the suburbs, the wineries, the ostriches, Konstantia, Camps Bay, the cold safari, I will never forget them and can't wait to be back.
All in all five points are not enough for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Nelson as the gateway to our trip Namibia. Rooms were gorgeous, comfortable, spacious. Service was excellent, especially our hotel guide, Darrol Lee. Darrol took us on two major full day outings -- to the Cape of Good Hope and the wine country, I highly recommend both of these tours. Darrol was an excellent guide and a very enjoyable touring partner. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Biddenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My partner and i recently stayed at the Mount Nelson Hotel prior to joining a cruise ship. Our stay was without doubt the highlight of our holiday. Your adherence to tradition combined with elegant old fashioned service makes the Mount Nelson an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I rate this Hotel in my world's top 5. The atmosphere is always one of serenity, the staff friendly and welcoming and the Planet restaurant in one of, if not the best, in Cape Town - and that means it has some stiff competition.

My recent visit was probably the most enjoyable ( as a Capetonian I visit regularly), with the room being exceptional, the cocktails in the the Planet bar superb and the wine tasting menu was beautifully paired.

Very rarely do I write testimonials, therefore it must be very deserving and I wrote to the hotel to thank them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you only have a few days and you need to get away, treat yourself and book a stay at the Mount Nelson. Pure bliss and maybe I enjoyed it more, as we had just come from a five star hotel in Umhlanga, KZN where we did not experience the same level of service, genuine friendliness of the staff and surroundings that rejuvenate the soul.
Be sure to book for afternoon tea, what a treat the mushroom empanadas were my favourite. Everywhere I travel to I try to sample the establishments Bellini's, try them or the extensive range of other cocktails. Room service, the late night order was taken with a smile, freshly made and promptly delivered!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view, we had room 311 absolutely lovely, with a private lounge area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel

Address: 76 Orange Street | Gardens, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa
Location: South Africa > Western Cape > Cape Town > Cape Town Central > City Bowl
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Business Hotel in Cape Town Central
#3 Spa Hotel in Cape Town Central
#8 Family Hotel in Cape Town Central
#9 Romantic Hotel in Cape Town Central
#13 Luxury Hotel in Cape Town Central
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel 5*
Set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town, Mount Nelson Hotel offers easy access to all that’s happening in this dynamic city. Enjoying a superb location at the foot of Table Mountain, and just a short stroll from downtown, Mount Nelson Hotel offers the perfect combination of leafy tranquillity and contemporary buzz.Whether dining on exotic Cape cuisine, soaking up the sun on any of the stunning beaches nearby or getting ready to stroll down fashionable Kloof Street, guests have the ideal central base from which to discover this exhilarating city. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mount Nelson Cape Town
Hotel Mount Nelson
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel Cape Town, South Africa

If you own or manage Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.