This review has been far too long coming. My wife and I stayed at Cape Grace for 7 nights in September of 2013. We could not have picked a nicer hotel to stay in. From check-in to check-out our entire stay was absolutely perfect. The hotel staff was attentive and friendly every second of every day.
Let me give a few specifics. The hotel concierge is wonderful. They arranged dinner for us at a restaurant they recommended to celebrate our marriage. They booked us shark diving in Gansbaai. They got us last minute tickets to the South Africa vs Austrailia Rugby game. The list goes on and on.
And while all of that was wonderful, on top of going above and beyond for any request at any time, they literally left us some little gift with a note congratulating us on our marriage every single day of our honeymoon. When we arrived we had a bottle of champagne and chocolates on the table (Which was so nice after a 30+ trip of airpots and travel). The next evening they delivered us strawberries and cream to the room. One evening, they left us coasters from the gift shop with a little note of congratulations. The treatment we received was surreal. And all of this was done with us only paying a regular room rate, not some outrageous price to get special service. I believe they truly did it all because they wanted us to have a fantastic and memorable honeymoon.
As for the specifics of the hotel:
The rooms were fantastic. We stayed in room 10 right on the marina. It was on the bottom floor so you would think it might have been loud possibly. Not at all. I don't know that I have ever stayed in a hotel that I slept better in. And the rooms are huge! I literally could have lived in that room and been perfectly happy.
The in house restaurant was fantastic and very affordable. Room service was the same way.
The hotel car to take you within a certain radius of the hotel is a BMW 7-series. I had never ridden in a 7-series in my life and this hotel has one as its shuttle around town car?!
Honestly, I could go on and on about this hotel for pages but no one will want to read that. Suffice it to say, you could not come close to picking a better hotel in Cape Town in my opinion. Even writing this review almost a year later makes me want to tear up because of the amazing memories that were made on this trip.
To the employees of Cape Grace: If you read this, you made our honeymoon unforgettable. You provide the grace that gives the hotel its name. The people of Cape Town were remarkable and we cannot wait to come back. Your city will always be one of our very favorites and we hope to see you again for our 5-year anniversary. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Venere, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa