My husband and I started our African adventure at the Cape Grace Hotel. We were there for 6 nights and did not want to leave. There are 2 other hotels in Cape Town that are also highly rated, but we couldn't imagine staying any where else. We were upgraded (Platinum AMX and 25th anniversary) to a 4th floor view of Table Mountain. Every day we woke up and had spectacular breakfast on the terrace with a glorious view of the mountain. There was only one day that there was a "tablecloth." The staff is helpful, quiet, respectful. The ambience elegant, but not flashy-an old world/old money vibe-which suits our personalities. The concierge and front staff were always at the ready to meet any request. Thru the concierge, we used UniCab for a driving tour of city-excellent overview. We also used the hotel car service for drives to Kirstenbosch and surrounding areas. The location of the hotel is perfect for Robben Island, V&A waterfront shopping - don't miss the Red Shed. We enjoyed a light lunch in the library one day and did have complimentary port/sherry in the library a couple of evenings prior to retiring for bed. I used the spa for a pedicure. The facility is very nice - small. We had no time to use the fitness center - on the go non-stop - but it is open 24 hours. Also no time to use the main restaurant or pool, but have high hopes for our return visit to Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa