Cape Grace is an excellent hotel, probably the best in Cape Town. We stayed here recently as part of our honeymoon, and were very impressed with the overall experience.
It is ideally located on the V&A waterfront - a great place for being a tourist, although you will have to suffer some of the obvious cheesy tourist stuff, but it's honestly better to stay in a safe location. You can walk around freely at night, and that is handy because many of the top restaurants (try Belthazar, Karibo and Quay Four) are located here, as well as local pubs and shops and attractions.
When you want to venture further, you can use their chauffeur service, which is outstanding. We had very friendly, knowledgeable drivers (Lance and Ricky) and brand new BMW's - we were very impressed.
The hotel itself is beautifully decorated, one of the best interior decors we've seen. The vista from the rooms is like a postcard - table mountain, the yachts and docks - it is heaven.
The bed was the most comfortable we had on our honeymoon too (we stayed in a number of hotels) and very spacious.
It has a very boutique feel to the hotel and we were left very lovely daily treats - chocolates, champagne, gifts - it was very luxurious.
Breakfast here is lovely, we enjoyed it very much. Food by the pool was ok, but could do with a more extensive choice.
The bar is brilliant and all the staff here are great too - the whisky collection is seriously impressive, in fact you should go just to visit this alone. It's a shame however that people are allowed to smoke here, as it ruins it for all the non smokers.
We briefly visited the pool and spa - both were good.
Interestingly for such a young hip hotel, we did notice a high number of older American tourists here - I guess they are the ones that can afford it, as we did think it was a bit on the pricey side to stay here.
That said, it really is a fantastic place to stay. I've been to Cape Town a few times now and this is hands down, the best hotel I've stayed in and I hope to return here again someday.
I would like to thank the staff for making this a lovely stay - from Claire on reception to the door men, they were all great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa