This was our 4th visit and is our first choice hotel when staying in Cape Town. We felt at home during our 4 night stay and just love the convenience of easy access and close proximity to everything. Freeway access to and from the hotel is easy and convenient. Only 20 min from the airport.
An excellent base to combine business in the city with sightseeing in and around Cape Town. Within walking distance from the Cape Town Gardens where one can feed the squirrels or visit the National Museum. Also close to Kloof street and Long street, the Gardens Shopping Centre, banks and a number of restaurants. There is a bus stop within 200m from the hotel where one can catch the sightseeing bus.
The back wing of the hotel has been upgraded and offers nice mountain views. They can be cold in winter and we rather prefer the older, but warmer front rooms with city and harbour views. The hotel has all the amenities including conference facilities. Staff are friendly and helpful and quickly obliged to special requests. Breakfasts are great with enough variety to suit all tastes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's a square on the block in the Mother City. SunSquare Cape Town is located in the vibrant and cosmopolitan suburb of The Gardens, on the edge of the Cape Town City Bowl. This trendy hotel offers guests more of what they want, making their hotel experience a memorable one. SunSquare Cape Town is close to the CBD as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre, whilst the Cape Town International Airport is only a short 20-minute drive from the hotel. For leisure travellers, the hotel is beautifully positioned at the base of Table Mountain - one of the new 'Seven Wonders of Nature' - and is close to Long Street, which has an array of day and night time activities with its vast selection of chic restaurants and boutique shops. The hotel is also located within close proximity to main attractions in the area, such as the V&A Waterfront and the gorgeous beaches of Camps Bay and Bloubergstrand. About the hotel SunSquare Cape Town combines affordability and comfort with modern accommodation for individuals who know exactly what they want. The spacious lobby extends into a bar area, providing a relaxing place for guests to socialise and enjoy themselves - chatting, working or listening to music. The lounge area leads off from the lobby and is yet another comfortable space where guests can read the newspaper, conduct business meetings, or just sit back and relax. Guests can also unwind and have a drink by the terrace, which looks over a lovely pool deck and has magnificent views of the city. For those guests who want to stay fit and healthy while staying at the hotel, the well-equipped gym comes in handy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and South African Hotels so you can book your SunSquare Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court De Waal Hotel Cape Town Central
- SunSquare Cape Town South Africa