“Great food, great wine list, great service and great ambience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cape Town
“Great food, great wine list, great service and great ambience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We dined here for the first time and had a fantastic experience. Everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed their meal, the wine list is superb and Neil really knows his wine. The atmosphere was really great. I would definitely recommend that one dines here!!

• Visited February 2014

Johannesburg
“BEST NEAPOLITAN PIZZA IN SOUTH AFRICA!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I live and work in JHB but have visited this restaurant 3 times in the last few months when visitng Cape Town - in fact I vow never to miss out every time I am there.

First time I visited was by accident and when I was so impressed to have a pizza that for the first and only time reminded me of the authentic thing that I eat in Italy, I started reading up on others' impressions on Tripadvisor - to my shock I read one by Italians claiming to have worked in the industry and complaining that the pizza was soft and elastic in the middle - they attributed this to underdone and doughy....my gosh, what IGNORANCE!

I have eaten many, many Pizzas in Italy and Burrata is the closest you will get to the real thing. For those who don't know, please note that the Pizza pie SHOULD BE elastic and chewy - in fact the more chewy the better the quality of the dough is and the oven was fired up to the right temperature. This pizza was bubbly, chewy and you could eat it with or without any topping or tomato base!

I was privileged to have eaten it and thank you to both Annamarie and Neil for bringing this to us!

Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Tasty food but with a few issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I went there with my family for my 22nd birthday. Unfortunately it didn't seem like they knew that we were coming because we were seated at a table for 4 people instead of 5. We then had to make a bit of a fuss to get another space for one more person, which was finally sorted out. The food was beautifully presented and the flavours were perfectly balanced. Unfortunately the sirloin that I ordered to medium rare was served medium and I was told that I would have to wait 3 minutes for another one. 10-15 minutes later they brought me a new sirloin steak which was rare in the middle, I sent it back and the chef cooked it for a bit longer to medium rare. All was forgotten and forgiven when they brought me a 'pick me up’ dark chocolate mousse, coffee, brandy and mascarpone ice cream, which was on the house. Overall it was a great experience but I think next time I'll be ordering a pizza, they looked amazing!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Simple and great for pizzas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a casual place , great for pizzas but not for true fine dining italain experience. Interior is very ordinary, service was good, manager was very helpful and did his best as we were expecting to be some what of a true fine italian experience. Anti pasta and main courses were limited although menu on line was extensive

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“A restaurant to go back to - often!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Burrata last night. Our waitress was friendly, unobtrusive but available and very knowledgeable about the dishes on the menu. The food menu reads so well that we really struggled to decide what to eat and I have created a mental list of the dishes for the next few visits! We had a taste of each others food and agreed that it was all delicious. On the wine list, the whites are pricey but the food is well priced for the quality, presentation and portion. It was our first visit to Burrata and we will definitely be going back.

• Visited February 2014