“BIG in friendless and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Backpackers in Green Point (The B.I.G.)

Save Saved
You added The Backpackers in Green Point (The B.I.G.) to your Saves list
The Backpackers in Green Point (The B.I.G.)
18 Thornhill Road | Green Point, Cape Town Central 8005, South Africa   |
Mauritius
“BIG in friendless and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I has holding my breath as I took my 21 year old son to CT for a law internship and checked him in for a month at The BIG, I stayed a couple of days with him to settle him in. All I can say that i was blown away by the friendless and the sheer quality of the accommodation. It is far too civilized from what I was imagining and I was sad to leave, I know he is going to have an absolute ball with all the activities and sheer friendliness and backup of Amy and her team. If you need anything they can arrange it and it is never too much trouble.
All I can say is keep up the great work and you will definitely see me again soon! The BIG is far too nice to have it as a secret for the Backpackers!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The BIG is hands down the best place I have ever stayed! Not only was it extremely clean and accessible (it was close to all the cool shops, bars and restaurants) - the staff was AMAZING! They were the best part of the stay. I enjoyed their company and they were very aware of all the cool things to do in the city.

The beds were comfortable and the common areas were always clean and stocked with all the necessary amenities. They have a big fridge so if you can bring your own groceries. The complementary breakfast was delicious - if you are a coffee nut you will enjoy the deluxe coffee they serve in the mornings.

I highly recommend making this your home away from home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Durban
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a fantastic base to explore Cape Town, with most attractions at walking distance.
It is a truly boutique hostel, with all dorms en-suite and only 4 beds each. Good breakfast, nice swimming pool, bar (TV room), but the most important thing is the staff. Linda is always ready to give advice and arrange all sorts of activities, and Amy... if I were single I would go back just to see Amy again!
Perhaps the only criticism is that it is a bit too quiet at nights, you can still have a party at the bar with the door closed though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

BIG has the loveliest staff who will do anything for you, the cleanest facilities, well-thought out shared spaces, and an amazing decor that I would love to put in my own house. Breakfast is great, so is the free wifi. Green Point feels really safe and with the girls advice you will only be making memories and not worrying about a thing! I would 110% recommend them to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was the NICEST hostel I've ever stayed in - its like staying at a friend's beach house. Everything was immaculate and secure. Our 4-bed dorm had our own bathroom and towels are always really nice to have in hostels. The kitchen was very clean and had everything you needed. The communal table made it easy to socialize. Love the TV room and library! The owner, Amy, went ABOVE AND BEYOND her duties to help me out with a personal problem and I will forever be grateful to her! Thank you again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

What can I say. That Backpackers is awesome.

Everyone is just so lovely, the interior is nicely decorated, it's clean and well organized. After spending a night in white, fresh sheets you can enjoy an amazing breakfast, which is included in the price - An amazing variety of cereals, juices and toast stuff. On top of that they serve freshly brewed coffee (which is the killer if you get sick by even looking at instant coffee as I do)!!!! The staff is happy for you to book activities and give advices about Cape Town life, events and trips.

In short: BEST PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN TO. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS. I'LL BE BACK!
:-* <3

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

B.I.G is the best hostel I've ever stayed in - the staff is amazing, approachable and can help you with anything you need to know, including helping to book trips and arrange transportation. Wifi works in the main house as well as all the rooms and everything is super clean and well organized. Such a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making it really easy to meet people and have a good time. I loved that it was only 4 beds per dorm so you had privacy but still the chance to meet people - I also loved that they provided towels and extra blankets (we were travelling in winter). It was really nice in the rooms, there were tons of outlets and hooks, so you didn't feel like there wasn't enough space for your stuff or you had to just keep everything on the floor. Its located easy walking distance from the Waterfront and taking a taxi anywhere else is really inexpensive (there's a phone at reception dedicated to calling taxis so its never a problem trying to find a number). Overall I had an amazing experience at B.I.G., I plan to stay there again when I go back to Cape Town, and would recommend it to anybody going to Cape Town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Backpackers in Green Point (The B.I.G.)? Share your experiences!