“Fusion Flavours to die for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pot Luck Club

The Pot Luck Club
Silo Top Floor | Shop 104 A, The Old Biscuit Mill, Cape Town Central, South Africa
021 447 0804
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
George, South Africa
“Fusion Flavours to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

At the cutting edge of food fushion in South Africa, with an asian infludence, the fresh indredients make bold statements in every dish!

Visited September 2012

George, South Africa
“OMW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had the most divine tappas dinner - since I suffer from 'menu envy' this is the perfect wasy for me to eat - not nt attempt if you do not like sharing your food. The fushion of flavours and quality of the ingredients were only matched by the great ambieance and service. Can't wait for the re-opening early next year!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“If you love sharing then this is your place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I was invited by a business colleague with wives all four of us, great setting although early we were placed right next to the front door, not good in winter make sure you book well into the restaurant. We managed to swop our table around. We ordered about 10 different meals and I would have expected the meals to be divided into 4 as we did mention to the waiter that we would be sharing. So we split the meals, great concept but I was eating with a person twice my size! Good to dish out quickly taste was superb , wine was on the pricy side. Not sure if I am into sharing my meals .

Hulsberg, The Netherlands
“Gastronomique, Without The Price Being Astronomique!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The 'potluck' aspect must refer to whether you will get a reservation or not!
Sadly, my wife was sick on the evening of our reservation and thus I went along with my two daughters. As you have seen from other reviews the dishes are served tapas style and it was suggested that we initially order ten for the three of us. This was indeed an ideal number to take and we only added to that when dessert time came around. All washed down with a Sauvignon Blanc, Iona as I recollect, this was a very pleasant experience.
Fortunately, a few nights later, when my wife was back up and running, we were able to get a short notice reservation so that she could also experience the restaurant. By that time we felt like regulars as we had visited the adjacent Test Kitchen in between Potluck visits.
Would we go back if visiting Cape Town? You bet!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town
“Much better than The Test Kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great variety in the menu, brilliant play on the flavours, warm atmosphere and good wine list (although the wines seemed very overpriced compared to the same wines in different restaurants).

I can't believe this is the sister of the Test Kitchen which was a great let-down.

The quality of the food could still go even further but overall this is a fun and modern place to eat.

• Visited June 2012