“My expectations were exceeded” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cape Town Tour Guide Co.

The Cape Town Tour Guide Co.
17 Joubert Road | Greenpoint, Cape Town Central 8005, South Africa
+27 73 3084745
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome to The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. Our experienced team specializes in arranging customized private tours for small groups and families visiting Cape Town and South Africa. Our passion is delivering a high quality and authentic customized touring experience to the discerning visitor. At The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. Clive de Bruyne and Godfrey Klaas lead a small, expert team of professionally certified and experienced private guides who know well that you have unique needs and expectations when you travel. We look forward to hosting you. Warm regards Clive and Godfrey
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3 attraction reviews
“My expectations were exceeded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. organized a fabulous three and half day tour of Cape Town for my wife and I. We arrived to Cape Town three hours later than expected but our tour guide, Roelof, kept in contact with us and tracked our flight arrival online and was at the airport when we arrived. I thought we would have to miss out on the first tour due to our delay but that was not the case because Roelof extended his day and gave us a complete city tour.

My wife and I had a wonderful time. I think my favorite part was the chocolate tasting. Roelof was outstanding. We could not have asked for a better tour guide. He is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. After such a long day on our third day I thought for sure Roelof had enough driving and talking and the next thing I knew he was driving us to an area to watch the sunset on the beach.

I am so glad I asked my colleauge for his Cape Town tour guide contact. I highly recommend The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. and I will recommend that anyone going to Cape Town organize their tour with this company and their awesome tour guides.

Tony Martinez

ascot england
“The best tour guide in Capetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our first trip to Cape Town and we had read a lot of information about what to do .
It seemed to us a good idea to get a private tour guide so we could cover as many attractions as possible .
We travelled as a family of 5 including 3 adult children aged 23,20and 15 ,we would never normally do tours on holiday our usual holiday was 2 weeks on the beach so I was a little unsure if the children would enjoy this type of experience .
I did not need to worry ,from the first day that Clive picked us up for our Wine Tour he had everyone listening and interested in his amazing knowledge of his country and stories of CapeTown and life there .He took us to a charming boutique vineyard first and then on to the amazing Graff Estate for lunch with a couple of other wine tastings after lunch thrown in for good measure .We then went on to a Cheetah sanctuary to pet Cheetahs ,one of the family's many highlights on our trip .
He organised shark cage diving for us at Gansbai which my children will remember for a long time coming up close to great whites !The company that he used were so professional and were clearly the best .
We were collected for our next 2 trips by Clives coleage Godfrey he was equally charming and knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour .He took us on a Cape Point Tour keeping us to our schedule but not rushing us so we got to see everything and finally taking us to a fabulous restaurant to finish .
Our last tour was to a private game reserve which Godfrey drove us to ,we felt safe and in good hands at all times .On the way home we made an impromptu stop at his Township where he was bought up and still lives and met his adorable son.Although I was very nervous to go there my children wanted to go and it was a very humbling experience for us I am very glad I did ,Godfrey was chatting and waving to friends and family along the way .
So if you are thinking shall I take a tour with Clive and The Cape Town Tour Guide Co stop thinking and do it now it is one of the best things I have ever done .There are not enough superlatives to describe these people charming ,friendly ,knowledgeable ,interesting, and so on .
Thank you Clive and Godfrey I will recommend you to everyone I meet .
The Willis family UK

Los Angeles, California
“Clive comes highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We planned a return trip to South Africa after being away for almost 9 years, with two friends. We arranged for the Cape Point, Cape Town City, Cape Winelands tour and 3 day Garden Route tour with Clive, including a cage diving experience with great whites. We were a little apprehensive at first about spending so much time with Clive, not knowing what to expect.

Our seven days spent with Clive was absolutely fantastic! From the moment he picked us up at the hotel, it was evident that he is extremely courteous and professional but also a very easy going and personable guy with a great sense of humor. He is extremely knowledgeable and he educates and entertains along the way in a humorous and friendly manner. His experience and knowledge of the various places, history, nature, politics, economics, restaurants, and other activities; as well as his flexibility and ability to assess the interests of his guests quickly, allows him to customize an experience that exceeds expectations and thoroughly entertains. On many occasions, Clive went out of his way and above and beyond to provide an extremely personalized touring experience.

His restaurant selections were on the mark with amazing choices for delicious meals and sunset cocktails. His accommodation choices along the Garden Route were quaint and impeccable with incredible attention to detail and fantastic service.

His conversation and sense of humor will be missed! Clive comes highly recommended!

Visited April 2013
Leeds
“Best Private Tour Guide in South Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We 1st used Clive in 2011 (Cape Tour & Winelands Tour) and had such a fantastic time, he inspired us to return, this time with 2 of our children(aged 19 & 24). Having experienced Ernie Els Vinyard on the Winelands tour of 2011, I asked Clive if he could get me a case of "Big Easy" which he had ready for me when we arrived. This time we repeated the Cape Tour and also asked Clive to organise a Great White Shark cage diving trip at nearby Gansbaii, the world famous Shark Allley. This was the highlight of the holiday - the kids are still buzzing about it 2 weeks later! Clive takes the time to understand you and what you want from your trip and never fails to deliver, always exceeding your expectations. His knowledge and his enthusiasm for his country and its history, warts and all, will inspire you to return. Be warned though, he also has a wicked sense of humour. Don't fall for his baboon stunt on the Cape Tour like I did, much to the amusement of my family!! The dive team he used were the best available and the restaurants he selected were excellent. Clive is ably assisted at CTTGC by Godfrey. It was Godfrey who took us cage diving. Godfrey is also excellent, he comes from and still lives in a township just outside Cape Town and he compliments Clive perfectly. The story of when he met Nelson Mandela in his township was truly inspiring. Without a doubt, Clive is the best Private Tour Guide in SA and has left us twice now with unforgettable memories and a burning desire to return yet again for more "Clive Time" Mark, Ruth, Jenny & Matty Gibson

Visited April 2013
Moscow, Russia
“The best guide we've had in a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was a 4-day private tour Cape - Oudshoorn - Knysna - Cape. Clive was an absolutely wonderful guide - friendly, highly intelligent, knowledgeable about his country, its nature and history. The choice of hotels and restaurants was excellent. Our guide was also very flexible and considerate: on many occasions he met our wishes to change the pre-arranged tour program. For 4 days, without breaks, he kept us a most interesting company, and we felt like talking to him for ever - so attractive his personality is.
As a result, this tour has become a most memorable holiday event.
My wife and myself would like to heartily thank Clive for those four unforgettable days in March 2013 and recommend him to others as the best possible choice of a private guide in SA, and probably not only there!
Michael & Julia Bogdanov