“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

+27 83 313 4821
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cape Adventure Zone, based in the beautiful city of Cape Town, is an adventure travel specialist offering adventure tours in and around Cape Town. Our team has extensive local knowledge and are here to provide you with genuine, unbiased travel advice. Let us make your adventure tour a unique and unforgettable experience.
Cape Town
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

A very relaxing and enjoyable experience at Delvera, horse riding was a awesome. Very professional and excellent service. A must do when in the Cape.

Visited October 2012

ottawa
“Table mountain, wine tasting on horseback, and sharks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had an absolutely amazing experience with Cape Adventure Zone. My three friends and I wanted to do everything there was to do in the Cape Peninsula without the planning and stress and CAZ allowed us to do just that. The memorable vistas and the once in a lifetime experiences were made even better with Ian's expertise and chilled, easy-going personality. We loved CAZ so much that we did three different tours with them and we definitely recommend them for everyone!

Visited December 2011
IanF99, Owner at Cape Adventure Zone Day Tours, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. It really is much appreciated.
It was great meeting you guys and I'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us in Cape Town.
We look forward to seeing you back in the "Mother City" sometime soon!
“2 full days of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

we booked 2 full days with Ian's company. Full day cape tour and half day hike of table mountain and half day mountain bike in wine country. nothing but fun! the full day tour guided by Alfred was great. Good knowledge of the area and lighthearted. It was a long day but well worth the sights. Regarding table mountain: if anyone says you can hike the front side of table mountain for the first time without a guide their out of their mind!!! Ian did an awesome job keeping us together and well informed of the dangers with sheer cliffs and loose footing. We had perfect weather and still there were times that the path wasn't always clear. But Ian kept us in the right direction and safe. Half day mountain bike in wine country was also very nice and relaxing. Sean our guide was very into biking and wine and that was awesome. We chatted while tasting and he also got some great photos of the trek. All in all everything was awesome and i highly recommend the company. Thanks again to everyone in the company especially Amanda who was in constant contact prior to our trip.

Visited May 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Terrible Experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My friend and I wanted to book kayaking with the penguins over our break. We decided to book it through Cape Adventure Zone, because we saw these great reviews. We had the worst experience! First off the trip they offer on their website is R100 (about $14) more then other ones I found afterward. They make you put down a R150 (about $20) deposit to save your spot plus and extra R200 (about $26) when you arrive.
Since my friend and I both have different credit cards we wanted to pay the deposit on each card. I had asked the women I was booking through, Amanda, multiple times to send the link for the deposit payment to both my friends email and mine. She only sent it to mine. I called her the morning that we were supposed to leave telling her that she never sent it. She then told me my friend might not be able to do the trip, because she had not paid the deposit.
It was getting to be about 10 minutes before we had to catch a train to get to the trip on time when Amanda finally got in contact with my friend and collected the deposit. However, by the time we had finalized it we had already missed our train which was the only one we could get to arrive in Simons Town in time for our tour. We were also informed right after we both paid that the weather was poor and the penguins would not even be out for us to see. When we asked for a refund they refused saying they only give refunds if the trip is canceled. They made us miss out train and our trip and still charged us the deposit! Horrible service and overpriced! I will never book through them again!

Visited April 2012
IanF99, Owner at Cape Adventure Zone Day Tours, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Firstly, let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and your friend. I sincerely hope that this incident has not left you with a bad impression of Cape Town in general. We try extremely hard to provide a world class standard of service and if we slipped up in this regard, I can assure you it won't happen again.
Just to clarify a few issues regarding this booking. The activity “kayaking with the penguins”, is an outsourced activity, where we act as a booking agent for a specific service provider. In order to act as an agent and provide the customer with the benefits of being able to book online using a credit card plus the benefit of being able to book all your adventure activities and tours under one roof with a 24hr call line etc, we have to charge a small premium (the extra R100 you were talking about). Like any other business, this is a service you are paying for. As an agent and tour operator, we are consistently cheaper than most of our competitors in this regard.
With regards to the actual booking, we require a deposit upfront in order to confirm a booking and minimise “no-shows” (thus the R150 upfront). If we have not received a deposit we cannot confirm the booking. In this case we tried numerous times to send links for payment to your friend and received no response. In her defence, Amanda went out of her way to get hold of your friend in order to secure the booking, finally managing to do so only an hour or so before the trip. As far as the weather goes, we are very clear in our communication in that these trips are extremely weather dependant. If a trip is cancelled due to inclement weather, then the deposit is refunded. In this case, the trip was not cancelled. Instead, you decided not to go on the trip because the guide mentioned that the weather was not perfect and might be a bit windy. There were at least 10 other clients that actually did this particular trip and had a great experience with no complaints.
It is unfortunate that you used this forum to air your grievance. A simple email to our info box and I would have gone out of my way to resolve this issue. We will, of course, gladly refund your deposit and in the spirit of mending broken bridges, I would like to offer you a free kayaking trip if you ever find yourself in Cape Town again.
Once again, on behalf of my staff and our service provider, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Toronto, Canada
“customized adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Ian and his staff were extremely flexible and provided my friends and I will a truly unique experience in Cape TOwn.. from Shark cage diving, horseback riding in Stellenbosch to recommending the night life hot spots and beaches. If you want to experience Western Cape like a true South African Cape Adventure Zone is where its at!!! Nothing but love for these people, I highly recommend them

Visited January 2012