“Thanks, Simon” 5 of 5 stars

Madison, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
“Thanks, Simon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I had contacted Lion World Tours after being directed to their site by South African Airways. My wife and I were looking at a trip to South Africa.
I had the good fortune to be directed to Simon Gluckman at Lion World.
He helped us set up an itinerary that included:
1) An apartment hotel in Cape Town, More Quarters (see my review on Tripadvisor) since we prefer an apartment to a hotel room.
2) Day trips to the winelands, the cape, and Gansbai for shark cage diving. Pick up and return to our hotel.
2) All airport transfers.
3) A local contact in case we needed help.
4) A 3-night stay at Tinga Legends - which was not on my list, but was terrific (see my tripadvisor review).
5) All air arrangements from Chicago.
Simon was very patient and accommodating. He easily added a couple of free days in Cape Town for shopping & Kirstenbosch. And he kept the costs in line.
I' d strongly recommend working with Simon if you're planning a moderately priced tour of South Africa.

Visited October 2011

New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
“Revise your tour plan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had a tour that was part of our travel package to South Africa. Thompson tours was used for our transfers- no problem there. However, we had a 1/2 day tour booked to Stellenbosh and we would defintely not reccommend others to book the tour with this company. The tour guide, while knowledgeable about Stellebosch, only took us to one winery. When we got there, he stated that if we wanted cheese and crackers with our wines, we would have to pay extra. It wasn't until about 20 minutes later did he come up and say that he made a mistake- we didn't have to pay because it was part of our package. He never apologized for the error and insisted it was because it was his first time doing this tour. We were all under the impression we would be visiting other wineries, and it wasn't until we asked him did he tell us that the one stop was the only stop. Not worth the money.

Visited August 2011