“Surfing in SA for the first time” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
“Surfing in SA for the first time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked lesson from NZ, "Stoked" team very easy to deal with, answered messages promptly and no trouble at all to sort everything whilst still in NZ..... daughter LOVED it ..... next time will look to do one of the surf "tours" on offer!!

Austin, Texas
“First time surfing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Michelle is great! As well as the other instructor helping. The water was a little chilly, but they do provide wet suits. My husband and I had a great time. I haven't surfed before, but with the short lesson was able to get up a few times! The other instructor could see I was struggling trying to get back into position to catch a wave, so it was really helpful that he could grab my board and help position me - plus, he could give a little push to help too! They made sure everyone was progressing and getting up; class size was perfect.

The other benefit was photos! Michelle has her waterproof camera and provides FaceBook and high res photos (at request) for free. She caught pretty much everyone catching a wave, and some funny falls too! I think she goes the extra mile with this perk.

Everyone should try to get "stoked" sometime with a lesson from Michelle!

Visited May 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Amazing first surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Doing the three-day-surf-trip to Arniston with Michelle was one of the best experiences in South Africa. Thanks to her being a patient, helpful and just perfect teacher I managed to stand on the board at first lesson – at least kind of :)

The trip was much more than surfing at the most beautiful places by the way. We also had a wine testing, great drives on scenic routes and watched wales. Guys, you just gotta do this!

“Best surf trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found the Stoked School of Surf online and emailed them about our interest in a surf camp. Michelle promptly emailed us back and basically planned our surf trip for us which included a 3 day surf trip and 7 additional days surfing in Muizenberg. All the staff at Stoked were amazing and overly helpful, not just with teaching us to surf but answering all our questions and helping us figure out other activities to do. Overall, our amazing trip to Cape Town was a direct result of Michelle and her awesome crew!

The Hague, The Netherlands
“A MUST HAVE experience in SA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stoked surf school is a must-have experience in Cape Town. It's friendly staff, new equipment and expertise made my stay in Cape Town unforgettable. I never surfed before, and after 2 classes i was already catching waves :) I started by only wanting to give surfing a try and ended with booking a surfing class every day during my stay is SA. Another amazing aspect is the fact that you are being photographed why surfing (so no worries about having pics of yourself and your friend catching waves).
I will never forget this experience! :)
Keep up with doing a great job and see you next time I am in SA! :)

Visited August 2013