“Best £30 I have spent in 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
London, United Kingdom
“Best £30 I have spent in 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

In Cape Town for work last week I decided I wanted to try surfing. From the outset this was made exceptionally easy. Despite only enquiring about a lesson on Thursday the booking process was incredible easy with Michelle answering any queries I had promptly.

The lesson was great with fantastic equipment to learn on. Michelle is not only enthusiastic but knowledgeable and the whole lesson was excellent. Less than an hour after starting I was able to stand, albeit for short periods. Totally exceeded my expectations and everything was very professional

Will definitely come back next time I'm in Cape Town.

Visited December 2012

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am so STOKED about Stoked School of Surf! The instructors, Michelle and Sarah Jane are just so great and they get you on the board in no time. It is a great experience and everything about it is just wonderful. As they would say in Cape Town: HECTIC DUDE! So people, don't hesitate and take your surf lessons at Stoked! They pick you up at where you are staying and take you to the best waves. It is so much fun. Just do it!

Visited December 2012
Vail, Colorado
“Great way to truly experience Cape Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was such a highlight of my Cape Town trip - being active, learning a new sport, and having fun, all with the beautiful Cape backdrop - it was a day I will never forget. They were well-organised, easy to book, and had great equipment which made the whole experience really easy for me. It was awesome to feel part of this activity, instead of just being a tourist! The instruction was really clear and simple, and made surfing seem a lot more possible than ever before.
I would recommend this to anyone coming to Cape Town - do not miss out!!

Visited October 2012
Jameln
“Just awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went on a 3 day surf trip which was definitely one of the most amazing and exciting things I experienced during my stay in Cape Town. Michelle is not only a very professional surf coach, but also an experienced trip organizer who made us all feel comfortable and in the best hands for three days. I enjoyed every single minute in the water and my surfing improved incredibly. Michelle's tips during the lessons were very helpful. The whole trip was so well organized and accompanied by several activities outside the water like wine tasting, a trip to Cape Agulhas and nive evenings at our great accomodation just next to the beach. This trip is highly recommendable!

Visited November 2012
Groningen
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Easy to contact and meet at the beach. Quick and to-the-point intro so we could quickly try it ourselves. Good tips and very fun experience. Value for money